Thread: Cabelas grinders

Default Cabelas grinders

Anyone have any experience with them. Looking at the 1 or 1.25 hp models.

Not sure what size motor mine has, but it has worked absolutely great for me. I used my wifes OSTER food processor before. My only thought when I bought the new one (actually a Christmas gift) was: WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO UPGRADE!!! I have fed it all kinds of meat (deer, hogs, goose) and just about every garden veggie. I process all my own meat. Last year alone- 4 deer, 4 wild hogs, and about 88 snow geese (makes great jerky). I make my own burger, sausage, brats, etc. I have NEVER had to stop processing to remove sinew or tendons- it chops right thru it.
    Mine is the Bass Pro version. They are made by LEM (just like Cabelas is). I would recommend you get the size "12" atleast (or as alot of others have said- buy the next level up from the one you think will work for you).

Never have had a problem with mine.

Have had mine for three years now, 1.25 model. Have ground a lot of venison through it, works great.

I have the 1hp sportsman's warehouse version- all of them have the stainless steel gearing and with that you should have no worries...buying from Cabelas you also get their great warranty.

Only thing that I am afraid of grinding in mine is my friggin arm! It eats through meat like crazy and like mentioned above - I should not have waited.......