Thread: ATV camping

Default ATV camping

Hey all, can anybody recommend a good spot to ride, with remote places to camp. I was thinking of some backpacking next weekend, but with my back issues, I think i'll load up my ATV and camp that way. I definately don't want to camp near Jim Creek, but haven't ventured out to many other places. I was out Petersville road last winter, but don't know much about the area. I was hoping for a quiet place, maybe with a water source, to pitch a tent, sip some rum and relax in my chair. I want to stay away from people and cabins if possible. I was trying to stay within 200 miles of Matsu. Thanks!

I honestly think just about anyplace you go next weekend will be full of people as it will be Moose Season just about everyplace you find an ATV Trail. Not to be a Negative Nancy, but it is that time of year.

Crap! forgot about that.. maybe i'll go backpacking, i'll just travel light

Then you can camp with sheep hunters!

Just head up about any where in unit 13 and go in on a trail. Make your camp where it suits you and have fun. It's 2011 and their are a lot more people around now then there used to be. Besides, you might get to see how every one is doing and it might be a good scouting trip for you.