Thread: Paint an inflatable camo?

Default Paint an inflatable camo?

Hello All,

I recently moved out to Wasilla after living in California for a couple years. I did a lot of duck hunting in the Sacramento and Vacaville area, but havenít hunted inland waterfowl in Alaska. Iíve been wanting to get back into it since I moved back north, but as you all know, Alaskaís big game and fishing can take priority over just about anything in a sportsmanís life

Iíve winterized my boat, and ready to give duck hunting an honest effort this season. Plus I have a 2+ year old lab who is more than ready to get out and put some of that training to use. I plan on making more trips to the shooting range and breaking clay. I hope to start networking with other hunters and see if they have any pointers.

Does anyone know if you can camo paint an inflatable. I have a 9í West Marine inflatable that I carry on my hewescraft for bear hunts. Iím thinking Iíd like to use the dinghy for duck hunting, once I find out the lake and rivers around the area. Iíd prefer to paint it camo, but Iíd use a cover or tarp if I have to. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Or feel free to PM me if youíd like to plan a hunt togetherÖ.as Iím a newbie

I've used my pontoon inflatable with moderate success. Just covered it with the camo burlap and tied in local grass with small black zip ties. The camo job was acceptable but shooting out of it wasn't that great. The good thing was that I could pack it in to areas that I couldn't reach with my duck skiff. I lashed a pack frame to the bottom of the seat and bungeed my deek sack to the thing. Bulky but ok to carry.

I'll look into that. I have a small cata-raft from sportman's that I might be able to use. Though I'd be paddeling and w/o my dog. I guess I need to get out and see what the hunting grounds look like.

Thanks for the advice