Thread: Hot Alaskan loads for new Taurus Judge 45 Colt 410?

Default Hot Alaskan loads for new Taurus Judge 45 Colt 410?

Been thinking of getting a Taurus 45/410 Judge 3" for the house. It would be mainly for my wife while I'm out of town. Seems like a good deal, easy to use etc. My question is: Has anyone shot hot loads out of it, like Buffalo Bore or Alaska Backpacker loads? Like to see if it would also make a good bush carry pistol.

For any Judge owners, how do you like it? I'm thinking of getting the 3" SS model, 3" chamber and barrel length both.

Thanks Billy Jack
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

The judge is designed for killing 2 legged critters. For a bear gun get a real pistol designed to handle the heavy stuff. Shooting heavies out of the judge is a good way to wind up with missing fingers IMHO.

Waste of good ammo.A mossberg 410 pump would make a much better and cheaper house gun and compared to the judge better bear protection
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Bringing my Judge public defender with us next week on our trip to AK. It will be loaded with 225 standard pressure Buffalo Bore hard cast flat nose wadcutters. Shot a few since I got them and the Judge handles them fine since they're standard pressure and the Judge is rated up to 255 grains anyway. Will not be the primary defense gun, but since it packs well, it will be with me at all times.

Billy, I wouldnt shoot a Judge with anyhting other than standard .45 Colt loads from a quality manufacturer, that means Win, Rem, Hornady, HSM....Corbon would be too hot.