Would like to do some hunting next week. I had originally planned to go up and do the 40 mile hunt north of Chicken, but have decided not to go alone. The downside is that I have to be back to work on Thursday of next week and have to work Sept. 1-8.
Because of my work schedule, I've thought of doing some moose hunting out in the valley next week so it would be easier to get back, and then go north (if caribou is still open) after the 8th. The other option is doing caribou next week and waiting to do moose after the 10th (probably 15th-20th) when calling might be more productive.
Last year my partner and I both shot 'bou north of Chicken on opening morning (he did Tier tag this year). I have an atv to go in on and a truck to drive as well if needed. Split gas, costs, etc. If we go north, the one caveat is having to leave on Wednesday, probably fairly early in the day, because of having to be at work on Thursday.
Any takers? PM me if interested in either option.