Thread: Free Kayak Mold---come and get it.......

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Free Kayak Mold---come and get it.......

After a lot of thought and questions , my wife and I are making the move back to Washington.The reasons are many,primarily being closer to family.Gotta help warp all the grandkids and just can't do it long distance.As much as I love Alaska,I have to set and keep priorities in mind while there is still time.

That being said---I have a mold that can be used to make your own kayak that I'd like to give to someone who will be able to use it.I'm leaving Monday (08/29/11) so you'll have to respond quickly.I'm not going to post my phone # on the forum but will respond to PM's. I live just outside of Soldotna .so if you're interested let me know.Otherwise I'll just leave it here .It will need a little touch up before it's useable...but it's pretty minor to get it in good shape.And the price is right......free.

I also want to say thank-you to all the members on here that have helped me grow as a person,an angler,a boater,and those that have shared their knowledge and expirence with me .It has been a joy to share what little I know with some of the members on this site too.I'm sure I'll still "check-in" at times.I will still be working on the slope for a few more years ,so there will still be questions to ask and answers to give.
    So again,my sincere thanks to so many Alaskans for your input.A lot of things I never got around to up here that I will miss.But an incredible amount of great times up here as well.My thanks Alaska.......

Can you tell me what kind of kayak? I would like to have that mold for my outdoor ed class at school.

Sorry I didn't do that earlier....
    The mold is for a simple inuit style,sit in style kayak.It is 14' long by 26" wide.I have built fiberglass boats with it.There is a top section and a bottom section .You build the individual pieces seperately--then connect them,again I used fiberglass to connect the 2 together.

Default Mold Goes To Sayak

Steve,
    Your in-box is full for pm's.I'll drop off the mold around 11:00 am Friday.Will you be home ?or working ?Call to let me know which house...and thanks.I'm happy that some kids will have the oportunity to learn and build their minds...and boats.

Mark- I'll clean out my box and drop you a line.

Default Mold Delievered

Hey Steve,
    The mold is sitting on the flatbed tailer at your house.It will take a little soap and water to clean up,then it's ready to start making boats again.I hope you and your students have a lot of good times and make some awesome boats with it.I will look forward to seeing what you can do .Post a lot of pictures in your building process.If I can help with suggestions or knowledge---just ask.Good luck
    Mark

Thanks Mark. And thanks for the extra mile of delivering it. Hope to put it to good use in the near future.

I'm excited. I've waited many months for a "Sayak Kayak". It's about dmn time you realized your true calling.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I'm excited. I've waited many months for a "Sayak Kayak". It's about dmn time you realized your true calling.
    Yup, when I get one made, I'll paint a red salmon, a "sayak" (maybe even a sayalleq ; turned red) on each side.

Again, thanks Mark. Sorry I missed your message earlier today. I waited for your call, but I guess you didn't get my message.

Hi sayak,
    No I didn't get any message from you today.But I did get our trailer loaded.Called a friend for help.
    It sucks my wife broke her leg while we are trying to move.But we will still get-r-done.
    Once again,if you need any advice building kayaks,you have my number .Good luck,I hope to see some of your work.

Thanks Mark. yeah, I called the number you had given me earlier in a PM. That was about 2. I'd been out all day working on trailer stuff for a hunting trip. Sorry about your wife's leg... man, talk about bad time for it to happen! Sounds like it's going to be a long trip for her down to WA. Glad you were able to get some help anyway. Bon voyage.

I saw your number on my phone after I posted "no message".I'll call you Sunday just to say hi.
    The trip will have it's challenges for sure.We will make it happen.We are pretty good at that.

Sayak,
    Have you had a chance to do any kayak building yet ?
    Life is great back down in Washington.Awesome to spend time with the grandkids,the wife finally got a couple of horses,and I've been fishing the jetty out of Westport.

Life is good..............

Glad to here u are doing great, Mark. Didnt see this thread last fall due to wk. Hope the fishin is good where u are and u'r staying busy. We're still fishin the beach here. Take care, my friend.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

No Mark. My job assignment was changed and I lost access to the shop I was going to use. The mold is protected and ready to use, and if other forum members want access to it, I would be happy to let them use it.
    Glad all is going well for you down there. Hope your wife's leg as back to full mobility also.