Thread: Marlin lever gun owners need to know!

Default Marlin lever gun owners need to know!

That the single best improvement that you can make to your 336, 1894, 1895 etc is to remove the sloppy factory trigger and replace it with a Wild West Trigger Happy trigger kit.

I have always thought that a good trigger was the first step in the making of an accurate rifle. I have 4 Marlins and they all wear the WW trigger! For $85(my cost at Brownells) you can turn a good rifle into a great rifle!

I will have to admit that the last one I installed took a lot less time to install than the first one! However if I can do it anyone can!

And I always thought it was adjustments needed to the loose "nut" behind the trigger???
    Now ya need to get out a shoot something with all them fine guns EKC!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Right you are Smokey! Problem is that I once had built up 6 weeks of vacation per year. Then I retired and was on vacation all the time. Then our economy took a dump and I had to get a real job. Now I have two weeks of vacation per year and had to burn one of them during the summer months. I have but one week left and will hunt deer with a smoke pole in the middle of October. That leaves me with zero vacation left!

I might take a three day weekend and run back to Oklahoma next spring and kill a oinker with a lever gun.....wanna go! Them oinker back straps is mighty tasty!

The best 'improvement' that I did on my 1895G 45-70 was to replace the lever with one that was larger. Much more comfortable to shoot, without the hand jamming against the smaller loop.

r
    Quote Originally Posted by EKC View Post
    Right you are Smokey! Problem is that I once had built up 6 weeks of vacation per year. Then I retired and was on vacation all the time. Then our economy took a dump and I had to get a real job. Now I have two weeks of vacation per year and had to burn one of them during the summer months. I have but one week left and will hunt deer with a smoke pole in the middle of October. That leaves me with zero vacation left!

I might take a three day weekend and run back to Oklahoma next spring and kill a oinker with a lever gun.....wanna go! Them oinker back straps is mighty tasty!
    I would love to meet up for a porker hunt - like you I seem to find many ways to empty the wallet way to fast - wife and I are hoping/planning to finally make a trip to Alaska next summer - so if she tells me we have any loot left I might just make it!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....