Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking into a store with an visiable firearm

Default Walking into a store with an visiable firearm

How many do it, and why?

This is a carry over from another thread as not to take the subject off the OPs post.

Because I don't want to leave it outside with folks dogs.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Nope, I leave my rifle with the ride and my pistol in my pocket, cause its loaded and theres no reason anyone should know I have it.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I carry a 44 mag a 629 that thing is not light so my pistol usually comes off when I get back to the truck. So to answer your question I don't wear it in stores just out in the field. I think some carry it for the cool guy factor... I realized yrs ago I'm not cool and packing a pistol was not going to help me anyhow.

I think it also depends where you live.I can be hunting and fishing no more than a half mile from the house and I live smack dab in the middle of town.Walking out of town I can hit the store for bait and the burger joint for bag lunch and the window if wanted at the booze house for a six pack.Heck half the stores in town sell guns and a few more will order one for you so guns are no big deal.If my pipe is lit I do leave it on the window ledge
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I usually carry my Glock 20 on my hip and I usually have a coat over it, sometimes it's hot and... well no coat. Homer is weird for many reasons and one of them is the major rift between gun owners/ccw folks and people who freak out over inanimate objects (guns) as if they somehow are evil incarnate and kill at will all by themselves. I personally have not had the police called on me, but I know of folks who have. I don't open carry for the cool guy factor and I'm respectful of a business who has a no firearms policy posted at the door even if I don't agree with it.
    With all that has gone on locally the past year or so with meth and a hitchhiker stabbing a driver in the neck that picked him up for no reason at all are just a few reasons I carry. I also live outside of town and have had wildlife encounters.

Mountaintrekker

I was in the other post and to explain a little more I own a 454 it's big bulky and heavy I don't cc it or carry it daily occasionally I am to tired to take it off once done in the field and figured a truck stop in sunrise would be a little more friendly to passing by hunters. I didn't walk in with my pants to my knees hat sideways with a bandana in my pocket. I think those are the guys you should worry about with the gun tucked under their waste band. Not the redneck dressed in Mossy oak with a muddy wheeler in the truck parked out side and the gun holstered in plain view. It's the same deal with the anti gun groups if they take away our guns they will only ever take away guns of the majority of people who would never commit a crime in the first place. And all the wile the thugs felons and gangbangers have their own ways to aquire weapons that are unaccounted for and often class 3 weapons. That's my feelings on it. I would carry concealed daily if I had the money for a lighter gun

i only carry when im to tired to fistfight or stab.
    Semper Fi!

This is 'sort-of' related to the OP...Kudos to the gentleman carrying a firearm in his car and holding the POS rapist until the police could arrive.

Sounds like the POS rapist was walking toward the car with some sort of intent. The pistol stopped him.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-multip...,1438650.story

While I do not carry openly I do carry concealed for defense of myself or others. This can happen in a store, hair salon or even the parking lot of APD. If you are within the law feel free to carry just be ready for some concerned citizens to voice their opinions.

I didn't walk in with my pants to my knees hat sideways with a bandana in my pocket. I think those are the guys you should worry about with the gun tucked under their waste band. Not the redneck dressed in Mossy oak with a muddy wheeler in the truck parked out side and the gun holstered in plain view.

Here in beautiful and scenic Illinois - if ya like corn and bean fields - we are not even allowed to carry a handgun in our vehicles in a holster - gotta be a completely sealed case. And it seems a lot of our states "politicians", end up in prison, and I am thinking I fear them in suits even more than "gang bangers" with the pants on the floor! Once when I was a punk kid I walked into a resturaunt wearing a Ruger 22 on my belt - had just stopped in a small town for a bite while running a 200 mile long trapline - never even thought about it - after a spell I realized many people starring at me - thought it was my great looks - finally dawned on me it was the gun - I ate and left with no trouble - but I could have ended up with a felony charge - geez....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I have the Concealed Handgun Permit, and use it. In my store we are pretty sure that over 75% of our customers are carrying. Most do it very discretly, some do it for the "hey look at me" effect. I usually carry a smaller handgun in town, and a 45 Colt or bigger in the woods. I have had to use my handgun in the woods, and I have had the need to draw in town. I was lucky in town, just the sight of a prepared person changed bad guy's tune. I have also while carrying, called the Police and stayed out of their way to handle a situation.
    Guess I ought to explain that. I had gone to Kentucky fried to get lunch for Steve and I, while in the restuart a man tried to knife fight with my parked truck. Nobody was in the truck.... I just called the police, they showed, had to tackle the drugged up fellow. In his car, he had firearms, more knives, chains, multiple types of drugs... I didn't even have to file a police report, Fairbanks finest took care of everything. Bad news was our chicken got cold while waiting.

Chris

I don't carry openly in town...some people do and if that's their thing it doesn't freak me out. But I don't see the need to advertise that I'm packing, better to leave bad guys guessing who might be and who might not. I potentially see open carry in town leading to troubles with police, neighbors and the court more frequently than trouble with the bad guys.

Interesting. I know a Trooper who openly carries, and never once gets question but is ready to produce ID/Badge if approached.

I on the other hand, only openly carry when I have no real intentions to be around others (bear protection). Otherwise it sits nicely in my waist band so no one is the wiser. No need to make some feel uneasy, and no need to advertise. As the old saying goes: "the element of surprise and a Louisville Slugger make up for 2.5x your body weight".
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

We carry discretely, it's no ones business to know.
    BK

If I'm carryin', you'll never know until the zombies pop up!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

If I'm out in the sticks and carrying from hunting, I don't think twice before going in a gas station etc.. I don't openly carry in metro areas.

now how can you hide a desert eagle .50ae in your waist band when you spent all that extra money on gettin the gold plated one?
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    now how can you hide a desert eagle .50ae in your waist band when you spent all that extra money on gettin the gold plated one?
    A crossbreed with a HEAVY DUTY belt.....

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    A crossbreed with a HEAVY DUTY belt.....
    its like getting your teeth gold plated then never smiling!
    Semper Fi!

Posted at my store. Seems to keep the rifraf out, but not the baggy-pant, Sad Sack or Beetle Bailey cartoon types...

Taylor
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast