Thread: DC482 Update....

Default DC482 Update....

I dont know how to change the title of the thread I started on DC482 ideas...so here is the update!

I drove my 10 yr old son up there this very early morning. We drove approx 23ish miles down the Denali from Cantwell. My son said the saw something on the near hill at bout 7:30am. We looked and it was a cow and a bull. They were not walking fast but still moving. I drove my truck about 1/2 mile on down the road past them and we jumed out and ran through a bog and then up to the top of the hill. When we crested it, it was perfect timing as they were about 80 yds away. He shot the bull using his .260 Rem. I will post pics here later..not at all a big one, but still a caribou.

There was VERY LITTLE traffic on the highway w/ only 3 camps spotted. Good luck to all who are going!!

congratulations, wish that was the case when i went. nothing like a quick hunt.

Fantastic!!! I'm so glad that worked out for your son! Man...that is great news, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Very nice! I was quite privileged to an awesome day with my son this year as well. Can't wait for pics. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbrier View Post
    I dont know how to change the title of the thread I started on DC482 ideas...so here is the update!

I drove my 10 yr old son up there this very early morning. We drove approx 23ish miles down the Denali from Cantwell. My son said the saw something on the near hill at bout 7:30am. We looked and it was a cow and a bull. They were not walking fast but still moving. I drove my truck about 1/2 mile on down the road past them and we jumed out and ran through a bog and then up to the top of the hill. When we crested it, it was perfect timing as they were about 80 yds away. He shot the bull using his .260 Rem. I will post pics here later..not at all a big one, but still a caribou.

There was VERY LITTLE traffic on the highway w/ only 3 camps spotted. Good luck to all who are going!!
    I guess you drove by our camp. We heard your shot this morning. Congratulations.
    "Your papers are not in order"

Default Picture of son

Attachment 52110

This is my son w/ his caribou in DC482

i tried to open the attachment and it wont work, anyone else have this problem?

Attachment 52120

Try this again

Attachment 52121Attachment 52121Attachment 52121
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations to you and your son and thanks for sharing!