Thread: Kelly Kettle........????? Any Experience....???

Default Kelly Kettle........????? Any Experience....???

I am think of ordering a Kelly Kettle. Anyone own one, use one. Good, bad, ugly.....????

http://www.kellykettleusa.com/kelly-...plete-kit.html

I don't know anything about the KK but I would also look into the back country boiler. Innovative design

http://www.theboilerwerks.com/about/
    Good luck and let us know your feed back
    Take care

Just finished a float trip using one. I liked it a lot. The simplicity of a small wood fire that quickly - very quickly - heats 1qt of water is very nice (we had the "basecamp" model for 3 persons) They are bulky, though. Suitable for a float trip, car camping, snowmachining, etc. There's nothing like a quick hot soup lunch and cup of coffee or tea at mid-day while fishing all day in the rain, and the KK makes it an easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsiutoo View Post
    Just finished a float trip using one. I liked it a lot. The simplicity of a small wood fire that quickly - very quickly - heats 1qt of water is very nice (we had the "basecamp" model for 3 persons) They are bulky, though. Suitable for a float trip, car camping, snowmachining, etc. There's nothing like a quick hot soup lunch and cup of coffee or tea at mid-day while fishing all day in the rain, and the KK makes it an easy task.
    I got the trecker (Smallest one) and tested it yesterday, works as expected. I figure to packpack in for dayhikes.

I have the big SS model and it works very well. Only complaint is it is too big for motorcycle trips but works great for truck or canoe/boat trips. I bought the big one thinking I would have some of my kids with me and need the volume of hot water....hasn't worked that way yet. Only complaint if you can call it one is the soot that you must deal with when breaking camp but good dry wood helps to keep that in check.