Thread: Board of Game proposal book is out for upcoming meetings

Default Board of Game proposal book is out for upcoming meetings

The BOG proposals are out for the upcoming Region V, Statewide, and Region III meetings. Here's the link to the pdf file:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...ofgame2012.pdf

Would be good to have discussions down the line on various proposals. I'd especially like to have a thread on all the sheep proposals.

Thanks for posting that, Mark. Man...lots of reading to do. I see some stuff that has promise, but I sure do wish folks would leave out editorial comments in their proposals such as "the guides who don't care about our state anyway". Oy.

kxj66ni

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    The BOG proposals are out for the upcoming Region V, Statewide, and Region III meetings. Here's the link to the pdf file:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...ofgame2012.pdf

Would be good to have discussions down the line on various proposals. I'd especially like to have a thread on all the sheep proposals.
    sooo tired of thes greedy guides killing all our sheep. How can we help?
    kxj66

Default How to help

Quote Originally Posted by kxj66ni
    sooo tired of thes greedy guides killing all our sheep. How can we help?
    Appreciate the interest! I think down the line we can post up some of the sheep props and go through them prior to the statewide and Region III meetings, have a dialogue and just what may work best, which proposals are good ones, what other alternatives there may be. And then folks should get involved and send in comments to BOG, and if they can attend BOG meeting and testify, that would be great too.

Also, in all seriousness, I think we should move away from the inference that guides in general are "greedy" and looking to kill all our sheep. That certainly is not the case, and if some go into it with that mindset it doesn't make for very productive dialogue or fair outcomes.
    Sincerely,

kxj66ni

Appreciate the interest! I think down the line we can post up some of the sheep props and go through them prior to the statewide and Region III meetings, have a dialogue and just what may work best, which proposals are good ones, what other alternatives there may be. And then folks should get involved and send in comments to BOG, and if they can attend BOG meeting and testify, that would be great too.

Also, in all seriousness, I think we should move away from the inference that guides in general are "greedy" and looking to kill all our sheep. That certainly is not the case, and if some go into it with that mindset it doesn't make for very productive dialogue or fair outcomes.
    Sincerely,
    sounds good; is fins and fethers backing any of the sheep reg changes?
    kxb26

Not sure what ADFG will have to say on the sheep props. Imagine they will abstain on most with the rationale they are allocative in nature.

Not sure what ADFG will have to say on the sheep props. Imagine they will abstain on most with the rationale they are allocative in nature.
    I would put $$ on this being the case.

kxj66ni

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I would put $$ on this being the case.
    Hummm thy dont do allokashons?

kxj66ni

have threads been started to talk about yhe sheep proposals?
    kxj66

Tentative meeting is set for 13-17 Jan, I would like to check it out.

Default Mike Strahan on 650 AM radio

Just listened to Mikes comments on the radio a few minutes ago about the opportunity to voice our opinions now about upcoming BOG meetings
    and a great plug for this site ... good job Mike
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com