Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20$ to shoot at Birchwood???

Default 20$ to shoot at Birchwood???

20$ fee, 25$in shells, 10$ in gas=55$ to sight in my 338 for a couple of hours!! I need to find a big gravel pit

Peterkin St. in Mountain View..........Hehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by EMoss#83 View Post
    20$ fee, 25$in shells, 10$ in gas=55$ to sight in my 338 for a couple of hours!! I need to find a big gravel pit
    This is just one other thing that blows my mind about life in Alaska, (around the city anyway) I cant belive how many people they pack in that place... not to mention the real brilliant ones, I watched a guy empty 3 boxes of shells straight into the ground in front of himself about as fast as he could and then just leave....

who said hunting was cheap?

not to mention, have you been to a movie latley? $14 plus the popcorn etc, and transport...makes hunting and fishin look cheap and it is not! Family for for a movie has to be a C note

...girlfriends, ex wives, CS, boats, airplanes, 4 wheelers, sports cars, cameras. cigars, VFW bar stool time, all exceed range fee costs...

I have all sorts of hunting gear, guns scopes, reload gear, special underwear, expensive knives, premium bullets, bino's, truck to go hunitng, camper to go hunting, airplane charter to go hunitng, boat charter to go hunting, Mountain house food at $89 /lb...range fee is prob the least expensive...probably doesn't help...

The state range is only $10, but you can only shoot at 100 yards. I've had a tough time coughing up the $175 but I'm going to do it. I went to R/C the other day and there was a line of peeps waiting to get on the rifle range. You can shoot 7am-10 pm at Birchwood.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    The state range is only $10, but you can only shoot at 100 yards. I've had a tough time coughing up the $175 but I'm going to do it. I went to R/C the other day and there was a line of peeps waiting to get on the rifle range. You can shoot 7am-10 pm at Birchwood.

Tim
    Yep, I just bought a membership there for the first time after penciling out the costs. Living in Eagle River, I'd easily burn $10 in gas running out to Rabbit Creek (not to mention the extra hour+ of driving). With all of the shooting that I need to do for my forensic science class and with the frequent shooting my wife needs to do to prep for our sheep hunt in 2012, I'll save a few bucks by just having the membership. I don't know if it'll make sense to keep it year after year, but for the next year it's a good deal for us. On top of that, they have some really nice shotguns for small frame shooters that they'll loan out for free to members over on the skeet and trap side. Pretty cool benefit, especially since I'd like to introduce my wife to duck hunting at some point.

I avoid the rifle ranges this time of year. Most of the time, we just shoot handguns anyway, we wait till it chills down to shoot rifles.

As convenient as RC is to me, both time wise and money, Id rather pay the member fee and Birchwwod and be able to pull the rig right up to the bench. We try to shoot at off hours too so it usually is a good time with only members (less riff raff), unless the Tactical Wannabe Range Officer pulls his small weenie power trip on us and rousts us for ID. He annoys me.

SWMBO likes to shoot every now and then and she prefers Birchwwod, although she likes the rules at Rabbit Creek since folks who play fiddlefart with their stuiff during cease fires pisses her off.

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post

Tim
    Be aware that effective August 8th, you are not allowed to shoot the rifle ranges (E-H) from 7am to 11am. Mathematically that has degraded the value of the EPM membership by 23.5%. In practical terms, it makes it nearly useless for me since the primary reason I purchased the membership was to shoot on Saturday and Sunday mornings when my schedule allows.

If the $175 works for you, great, but I'm disappointed to have a card I currently can't use.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Be aware that effective August 8th, you are not allowed to shoot the rifle ranges (E-H) from 7am to 11am. Mathematically that has degraded the value of the EPM membership by 23.5%. In practical terms, it makes it nearly useless for me since the primary reason I purchased the membership was to shoot on Saturday and Sunday mornings when my schedule allows.

If the $175 works for you, great, but I'm disappointed to have a card I currently can't use.
    I've been an EPM member since the middle 1980's. Don't always stay up on the rules so need some clarifcation.
    The range opens at 10am. Are you saying that EPM members are not allowed to shoot for the first hour the range is open but someone who pays their $20 is ?
    Tennessee

the rifle ranges are temporarily closed in the morning for some maintenance issues. I dont mind that, what I do mind is Tactical Tommy the Ninja range Officer taking over the ranges for his silly competitions. Some one should tell him that mirrored sunglasses on a cloudy day mark him as a wanna be.

Plus, The next time I see a guy as fat as me with knee pads and a drop leg holster Im gonna scream.

WildAK; I will take your tactical tubby and raise you an IT contractor in Iraq wearing a tactical vest with the magazine holders packed with office supplies. I briefly considered shanking him in the line at the Baghdad coffee shop where he was impatiently awaiting his French vanilla latte....

shhhh don't tell anyone but I just go down the road, god I love living out of town. If I had access to an excavator I'd have me a long coverd trench, anyone got a machine they want to dig a ditch with?
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    WildAK; I will take your tactical tubby and raise you an IT contractor in Iraq wearing a tactical vest with the magazine holders packed with office supplies. I briefly considered shanking him in the line at the Baghdad coffee shop where he was impatiently awaiting his French vanilla latte....
    fat old me can usually outshoot all these tacticool guys, but not if its timed, because it takes me about an hour to get prone.

Plus if I shoot like a 338 Lapau and I am high centered on my tactical waist bowling ball, the recoil spins me around like a turtle on its back...great for engaging tagets all around.

PS...ya should have shanked the pogue

Maybe I should sell memberships to my private 175 yard range............?????? Open 24 hours, and lots of Bears.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Maybe I should sell memberships to my private 175 yard range............?????? Open 24 hours, and lots of Bears.
    So you have life sized moving targets? Talk about a niche market!!!

LOL to all of that!!!

Old Man, You gonna charge me?

hey ww you just had a buddy bring in a 45/70 to get a sling mounted that is chanbered chambered 457 maybe a 475 that has your stamp on the barrel is that rifle a matte stainless
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    hey ww you just had a buddy bring in a 45/70 to get a sling mounted that is chanbered chambered 457 maybe a 475 that has your stamp on the barrel is that rifle a matte stainless
    Huh? say again?

Took my wife and daughter thier to shoot 22's while I sighted in a couple fo rifels. Things were going great until some Joes showed up with thier pistols and set thier targets up at about 5 yds. ***, next time taking my 375 ultra mag that has a wild west brake on it and let her rip a couple of times maybe that will clear things up.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast