Thread: bear rugs

Default bear rugs

all,

i'm looking to see if anyone has a picture of a closed mouth bear rug... saw an earlier post on how the majority of people posting were recommending a closed mouth over open but every picture i've seen is open.

was also looking at a "half mast" if thats the right phrase for the mount minus the jaw if anyone has a picture??

thanks in advance.

Default Bear Rug

Here is a 6fter - Backcountry Taxidermy did the rug. I really like the closed mouth.
    Attached Images Attached Images

open mouth is the only way to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marseglia View Post

Especially if you have little kids!! It took my kids several weeks before they were completely convinced my blackie wasn't going to bite them if they got too close.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Before I was an open mouth kinda guy but now that Jonas Bros is putting out a decent closed mouth form that doesnt need altering, it is making me think what my next rug will be.

Default thanks

thanks for the pic, nice one, anyone still ever hear or have a pic of a mount sans the jaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Marseglia View Post
    Only if the taxidermist knows how to airbrush correctly. Ones that do not are very easy to pick out and make the head look like crap. Unless your rug is on the floor (which mine are not) you aren't going to see the open mouth anyway on MOST walls. Some yes, but most normal walls you will not even be able to see the open mouth because of the way you have to hang it just to get it to fit. Just keep that in mind.

The one my kids on looked great after some stiching and eyes added I'll see if I can get a decent pic of it.

Default Open Mouth

Open mouth is the only way to go, have both and the next one I shot hopefully this spring for my mother will be open mouthed. The teeth looks cool and with out the they are like a teddy bear(easier to tell story's when nonhunters see the fake teeth.

Terry