Thread: Boot Care Recommendations

Default Boot Care Recommendations

After much research and swaying by fellow Forum members, I got into a pair of Lowa Hunters. I've used them on 1 hunt thus far and am very happy. I've noticed that the boot box lacked any boot care information. I've read online that you should avoid oil-based treatment products. What do all you boot lovers / Lowa owners recommend?

The boots got very wet multiple times during the hunt in case that makes a difference in current care needs.

Anyone out there who can recommend a boot care product?

Nikwax Aqueous Wax works good. I used it on those same boots. Also on my Cabela's Perfekt boots which are my current ones. I have also used SnoSeal though and it works great as well. I coat it 1-2 times a year depending on how much use/moisture/beating up they have seen.

From what I gather, Obenauf's is the best stuff out there.

http://www.obenaufs.com/

here is a boot care letter from Meindle.I use obenaufs.Attachment 52141

Although it is oil-based, I use the White's Boot Oil on my Miendle's and it has worked flawlessly thus far. I have worn the heck out of the boots in heavy moisture, shallow creek crossings and for winter use. As of now, I have no complaints, but that is always subject to change. However, I have been toying with the idea of purchasing some Lowa's, and if I do, I may look into another treatment product. The White's Boot Oil also does not affect GORE-TEX.

Check at Boot Country. They are a Lowa distributor and they recommended a product they carry at the store. It seems to work real well.

Great, I've used Obenauf's on my Whites logger/firefighter boots for some time and really like it. I wasn't sure how their bee's wax base would impact the breathability of the Lowa leather. Thanks guys.