Thread: 20A Caribou Healy?

Default 20A Caribou Healy?

Any 20A Caribou permit holders out there with stories of success? I happened to be fortunate enough to draw a 20a Caribou tag this year and am not real familiar with the area. I have heard good and bad regarding access in to 20A from Healy, and also heard good and bad regarding access up the Delta River on the East side of the Unit.

I would sure appreciate any tips regarding accessing the Ferry Trail, Rex Trail, or Healy Creek. Which access point on the Healy side makes the most sense with an ATV? Has anyone seen bou on the Delta side of 20A?

I'd had the great opportunity to drop a black bear early this spring and my wife would sure appreciate me bringing home some meat on the hoof!

maybe u should do a search in the archives, there is plenty of info for that. caribou haven't been on the ferry or rex in a long time from what ive been told in the past

You could also strap on a pack and go kill one off the highway, there is tons of access, why handicap yourself to an ATV?

I shot this one while making breakfast the first moring I hiked in.

Attachment 52087

Thanks for the info. I've found more posts in the archives. I appreciate the posts.