Thread: Lost stuff?

Default Lost stuff?

I have lost alot of small thinks in my wandering , such as calls ,knifes [many],walking stixs,even left a good spotter ,left on the bumper never to be seen again.
    I have learned the hard way the knifes have to be orange and small pieces of flagging tape on the stix and other things.
    And after standing up to move take 2 steps and turn around and look the area over again.
    Any body have and losses or lessons they could share.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=ginkg...w=1024&bih=567

I've had to return to a spot to get my tri-pod adapter but in nearly 40 years of hunting that was it. ;-)

Left my Bull Magnet moose call hanging from a tree in Ontario last fall - last night - bad weather - didn't realize it till 1100 miles later .....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Left a 3/8 SK socket set on my truck bumper after working on a snowblower. Drove off and lost it 17 miles later, realizing later when I couldn't find it. Worse part I bought the 1/4" and 1/2" set along with the lost set and they were all 30 years old. Like losing a good friend. --- Can't find my favorite Buck folder and three sided sharpener but I suspect I have it in my gear but can't locate it. Heck to get old and forgetful.

Left a brand new leathermen where I gutted a whitetail. Lot's of small stuff like that. Just bought a new knife. With an orange handle! Put my eyeglasses on the bumper the other day (switched for a pair of prescription sunglasses), drove 10 miles, went to unload the 4 wheeler from the trailer and saw my glasses still on the bumper!

My Dad won a Rolex in a contest. Went Jet-skiing and thought he lost it. Even got a friend to look for it with his scuba gear. About 7 years later they are moving the coach. The Rolex fell out of the coach when they were moving it. He was very happy

I learned about orange knives and the pre-leave ground scan a long time ago. I've lost a sitting pad, jones-style hat, a knife that I went back for and I think that's all.

Not sure if all of the stuff is completely lost for good or just still in the black hole of the top of the vehicle where a lot of my stuff disappears. Maybe it will all come back some day.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I have left several knives and bone saws in the field in multiple states (Wyoming, Virginia, Michigan and Alaska) over the years. I have also found a couple knives, but they aren't as nice as the ones I left behind.

Default Lost Stuff

I've forgotten most of what I lost - it is tough to get old.

One thing I could never figure out is why all the small stuff (knives, GPS, etc) are offered in camo. I have a tough enough time keeping stuff that is orange (or some other bright color).

lost my sanity in the castrating comm fisher thread.

"ya can't fix stupid!"
    edit signature here

I have lost more stuff in my garage and own yard than I have lost in the woods... OCD can sometimes be a good thing... (oh look dust on my computer screen!)

I was bowhunting the Haul Rd and slipped on fell on a patch of ice coming off a ridge. When I busted it, my knife slid right beside me, but I remembered placing it in my pack. So I checked my pack to find the lower zipper was not secured. I back tracked my route and found a few other items until I felt certain I had all my gear back. I guess sometimes it pays to be clumsy!

I lost a pair of Neos River trekkers out on Dickey Lake trail, a few knives, a jacket, and some other misc. stuff.

I agree with the previous poster who wonders why some of these small items are camo. A camo lighter, gps, first aid kit, etc...seriously? A camo first aid kit!

I lost a brand spanking new Leupold tripod while packing out a deer on the road system here on Kodiak a few years back. Realized it was not still strapped to the outside of the pack after about four hellatious hours of beating the alders. yep was not going back for that one.

My brother also hooked me up last year when he came to hunt, he lost my stiener predator binos somewhere along the trail on pillar mountain. He had no idea where, but I know it was deep in the brush, because he and my nephew somehow got off the main trail and started following a game trail that quickly dumped them in the neck high brush.