Thread: X Frame S&W 460 in 4" Barrel

Default X Frame S&W 460 in 4" Barrel

Is it true that Smith and Wesson discontinued the 4" barrel on the X frame in 460 Smith and Wesson?
    God, Guns and Guts is what made America Great

No...And I wish I knew who was putting that out there YEAR AFTER YEAR... it seems like every year around this time, the 460V's in the smaller barrels (4-5.5) get thinned out.. the production run takes place usually in Dec/Jan... and they are mostly gone by the time hunting season comes around. I wound up calling S&W a couple years ago to clarify, because like you, I couldn't find one, they weren't in the S&W catalog, and someone told me they didn't make them anymore...

Unfortunately, I couldn't wait, and wound up with a 454 Casull... but that 460V in 5" was my first choice...

Next spring, you'll see them everywhere... as I have the last couple years...

Quote Originally Posted by dammdoggs View Post
    No...And I wish I knew who was putting that out there YEAR AFTER YEAR... it seems like every year around this time, the 460V's in the smaller barrels (4-5.5) get thinned out.. the production run takes place usually in Dec/Jan... and they are mostly gone by the time hunting season comes around. I wound up calling S&W a couple years ago to clarify, because like you, I couldn't find one, they weren't in the S&W catalog, and someone told me they didn't make them anymore...

Unfortunately, I couldn't wait, and wound up with a 454 Casull... but that 460V in 5" was my first choice...

Next spring, you'll see them everywhere... as I have the last couple years...

That's what I was also told last fall also when I emailed S&W. They sell like mad in Alaska but sit around on the shelf more down south so they won't up production. 6 weeks ago I knew at least 5 shops that had at least one in stock, all gone now except maybe Wasilla Wall-Mart, I've not looked there for a while. Best hunting handgun I ever used (Iíve used a lot too) and well worth holding out for if you handgun hunt.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona