Thread: Talkeetna for a few hours next week

Default Talkeetna for a few hours next week

Making my every other year trip to Cordova starting next week (fifth time, I think) and this year the trip includes our wives. They voted to drive up to Denali for a couple of days before we fly to Cordova.

I am hoping to "trick" them into stopping on the way up to wet a line and would appreciate any suggestions people might have to a brief stop in or around Talkeetna. No secrets expected and I am reading the archives, not many reports this late in the year to be found.

I prefer fly to spin but I think we are open, just want to stop and feel something pull before we go look into the park.

I appreciate it,
    Larry

A lot of the lakes off the spur road are maintained, some have canoes that will allow access. Tigger, X/Y have fairly good fishing..not very deep lakes so depending on the weather, they act accordingly.

thanks for taking the time to respond, I will research that angle a bit.

You can stop at all the parks streams on the way up. Montana, Sheep etc etc. And as suggested there are many lakes along the way.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Talk the wives into a jet boat tour w/Mahays. They can take a tour & you can get dropped off at Clear Creek.