Thread: 18' Alumaweld Intruder

Default 18' Alumaweld Intruder

Looking to buy a 1993 Alumaweld Intruder with a Mariner 115hp jet. I want to be able to take it anywhere from Valdez to the Delta Clearwater.....anybody have experience with this boat/motor that can give me some advice?

got a 2003 with merc 115. both jet and prop. jet goes 28mph. prop 38 with 17 in pitch. runs better with 15 but 4 mph slower.

unless you are running skinny alot leave the prop on.

not a big water boat. not big enough for rough ocean water. bottom is made for calmer water but does okay in waves up to three feet with a long period. but that is it. and 18 foot is minimum for open water in good conditions.

on rivers look to get grounded if you go less than 6 inches or decide to slow down for some stupid reason.

otherwise boat is fantastic and well laid out.

How does a Intruder perform with the 115 jet- have you tried packing much weight? A friend offered to sell me his 18' 1994 Intruder, but it needs to be repowered. It has a 150 2s on it now I'm leary to make the investment if it's going to be underpowered with a 115? Any one running one of these in AK? How's it pack a moose and a weeks worth of gear. Thanks-KK