Thread: Note to self...Carry harvest tickets why in the woods!!!

Default Note to self...Carry harvest tickets why in the woods!!!

Took the family up a trail to pick some berry's today.Ran into a 5.5'-6' blacky gathering some berry's also,got to with in 8yrds of him as he fed.Nice coat,decent size,had my .480 ruger,no harvest tags!!!!Next time he will become sausage!!!

Well its a great picture! But I know how you feel. Could have got a moose last week if I would have brought my bow along. It crossed my mind, but I decided it probably wasnt worth the hassle. Instead I wated a chance at a nice bull

I'm old fashion and carry a possibles bag with all my papers for any stroll outside..Its hooked to the off side of my shoulder holster which also goes everywhere with me
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

The problem is if you had your tag, you'd never had seen the bear. Pick your poison.. haha

That'll learn ya !

One of the reasons, well the main reason I dislike with ADFG going back to HT black bear, must remember to get those tags, As far as remembering to have them on person, once I get an HT it goes into my wallet, so they are always on me, unless I forget my wallet !

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post

One of the reasons, well the main reason I dislike with ADFG going back to HT black bear, must remember to get those tags,
    Yep, I had the same thought. It struck me as such a counterproductive move when they made that switch. They want to increase the black bear harvest in a number of areas, yet requiring harvest tickets immediately cuts down on the incidental take since folks aren't as likely to have them on hand at all times. I get that they'll now receive better data, but at the cost of harvest numbers in some areas that could stand a higher take, it sure seems a shame.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Default I hear ya!

This guy is still walking because I left my moose HT at the house during a caribou hunt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 weeks ago I went out for a quick run to get the crab pots. Left the harbor and said "Dang, I should have brought a rifle." Get down to the pots and there are 2 bucks munching on grass on the beach. Deer tags in the pocket, no gun in the boat.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    This guy is still walking because I left my moose HT at the house during a caribou hunt.
    OUCH ! I doubt that will happen again.

Default note to self....carry GUN while in the woods!!!

LOL! This thread is so true.

I always have my tags in my wallet like 338, but I have not had a gun on more than one occasion.

The other NO NO.

My neighbors were coming down the Nushagak on Sunday about noon with the tide and thinking "no moose will be out this time of day" Guns were cased up and completely empty (not the worst idea when under power) but the kicker was they had the shells in the bottom of a tote!.....as a decent bull stood broadside on the gravel bar and stared at them as they scrambled for the shells.

Worse than that was a buddy with a cased and empty gun in the front of a canoe during a short float some friends did a few years back and same scenario....the thing stood there just until the gun was loaded then scampered off, leaving many long faces.

But either way, that's pretty cool to be so close to a nice bear like that, worth it no matter what. Cool pic.

We misses a delta cow due to a cased rifle with shells in a tote scenario. We were just running out to make sure we had good directions to the trailhead before a morning departure the next day. There was a cow standing next to all the parked trucks and empty trailers while the hunters were out on the trail... She decided she had had enough by the time I got the wife's rifle loaded up and headed for cover. Luckily we learned the lesson and connected the next evening still from the truck but with rifles ready and in the cab!

I have to put my laptop down, I think the tears are going to ruin it...

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    OUCH ! I doubt that will happen again.
    Darn right it won't! This was 4 years ago, and I still hear about it everytime I head out on a hunting trip. Hard lesson learned.