Thread: DC482 ideas...?

Default DC482 ideas...?

My 10 yr old son drew a permit for the draw hunt DC482. It runs along the Denali Hwy from Cantwell to about 80 down. The reports I have been told were they were not very many right now in that area. Has anyone been there the last couple days or so or know if this is a true statement or not? I appreciate any help someone can offer.

I don't know much, but I'll tell you what I know. The wife and I went up there last weekend with the kids. She has the same permit you have. Cows and calves were widely scattered all over the place. We didn't find any shooters yet. If it doesn't close down, we are planning on going back this weekend and the next weekend. That's all I know. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

That is better news than I had previously heard. I am heading up there Weds morning. Thank you for the info. Steve

Please give a update. I will be heading up on the 30th I believe.

i just got back from there today, my brother has this same permit. we went in on the 19th and saw one bull but it was 8 hours before the season started. the next couple of days we say one cow each day and that was it. we talked to one group of six people that filled five of there tags, they came across a small group and took all the bulls im guessing. talked to another guy on the trail that took one bull that was the only bull in a small group. from what ive gathered from talking to a few hunter is that the are all on the other side of the big su in the other permit area. supposedly hanging out by the mclaren rive toward paxson. we covered a lot of ground and wen really far down a lot of trails and saw very little. i would possibly wait a week or so if u only can go once during this season. my brother is gonna wait a couple of weeks before he goes again. there are a few there but they are very scattered and they got a lot of pressure opening weekend as well as about five trucks we saw on the way out heading in.

good luck if you go Wednesday, bring lots of fuel and cover a lot of ground.