Thread: B-29 Bomber trail - does it exist?

Default B-29 Bomber trail - does it exist?

I've heard conflicting stories if a ATV trail exists to the bomber that crashed above Reed lake. Some say you can only get there by hiking. Others say they have heard of a trail. Does anyone out there know?

thanks.

No ATV trail that I know of to the bomber above Reed lakes, hiking only. They are probably confusing it with the Sitze Rd. trail, which does have a KB-29 wreck accessible by ATV if you are brave enough. Should be able to find some info here:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ghlight=bomber

-J

The bomber wreck on the glacier above Reed lakes is hike in only, around 10 hrs rt. The tanker wreck (converted b-29) on Baldy is reachable by ATV trail.

The one on Baldy is difficult to make it all the way to the wreckage site. There is a trail up to the ridge line. However, you then have to cross a large bog, with nothing to anchor to. In many instances, to make it all the way to the wreckage site, it might also involve hiking the last mile or two.

That area I believe is non-motorized during the summer, but I have been back in that area in the winter on snowmachine.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthewoods View Post
    That area I believe is non-motorized during the summer, but I have been back in that area in the winter on snowmachine.
    If you're refering to churchill b-29 there's no restrictions, however a trail has steadily progressed in size over the years. I remember as a kid, the churchill b-29 trail was just a horse path. Now it's a **** highway lol

Mr Bigwheel has a youtube video of the one on churchill it for the one on churchill