Thread: West side of Cook Inlet

Default West side of Cook Inlet

We are leaving Wed. for a week stay on Silver Salmon Creek and we are wondering if the silvers are in on the west side of Cook Inlet, thanks in advance for any news anyone would send our way.

THEY ARE IN. And getting better. You'll hit them.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Thanks Bullbuster for the heads up, can't wait to head that way.

High fast water on Sunday. It was dropping fast though. Look for sun and take some eggs.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

I wouldn't take any eggs to Silver Salmon Creek since they're illegal there. Artificial only allowed. They would also serve as a very effective bear attractor, that is the LAST thing you need there. Was there two days ago and had two very close encounters with bears. Had to break a fish off during the last one. Better have quite the opposite with you, some bear repellent. I have someone with me carry mace and I carry lead for the backup.
    Brian

Thank you Bullbuster we returned home this moring and you where right we caught a few Dolly's a few Pink's and a lot of Silver's. There where a lot of bears but nothing serious. Caught everthing on flies and a lot of fish in the 26" to 30" size. As good as our fishing was I think the best is yet to come, Wed afternoon as the tide was coming in new fish where coming in large groups. Thanks again Bullbuster and if you can get over there now is the time to hit Silver Salmon Creek. We stayed at Alaska Homestead Lodge, what a nice place with great owners and great help the rooms where great and so was the food. It was a great value for what we spent.