Thread: White fish worms?

Default White fish worms?

So I went to Jims last night for some night time silver fishing and we ended up with some by-catch. A 2-3 pound white fish. I decided to keep it because Ive heard they are good eating. When I filleted it (in addition to its belly being full of what looked like salmon fry) there where what appeared to be worms in its flesh. At first I thought it was veins but some of them were coiled up and they were in really sporadic locations. Can one of the fish experts tell me what the heck these things were? It grossed me out and I tossed it in the garbage. I should have gotten pics but I was pretty tired and didnt feel like it.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

C6. ALL fish have worms, so more, some less.

Your description is spot on, they where worms. While they WILL give a guy he hebee jebees, if the fish is properly cooked, there is no concern.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    C6. ALL fish have worms, so more, some less.

Your description is spot on, they where worms. While they WILL give a guy he hebee jebees, if the fish is properly cooked, there is no concern.
    Ok. I figured all wild fish have some parasites but these things were pretty big and were dark and easy to spot. I didnt know if I should just dig em out or what.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.