Thread: The perfect home defense carbine....

Default The perfect home defense carbine....

I finally have my 5.8# 45 ACP carbine. A very well made and unique design from the military contract for an entry sub gun....but in the civilian legal carbine length semi-auto.

This lovely little carbine is just the ticket to replace a 14# Thompson yet has virtually no recoil.

I know not possible but the folks at Krisss have come up with a way to bend the recoil vector. That's the way I'd say it. The concept is in fact called "Vector" because of the design of the gun. They are available in a pistol version and a 16" barreled carbine. The grand kids recognized it right away from the sub gun used in their video games but mine is semi-auto and a little longer. I ordered the gun with two 30 round magazines which are actually the standard Glock G21 13 round mags with an extender kit to make 30. The standard Glock 13 round mags will of course fit and work nicely. This is a big plus for the rifle, the ability to use readily available magazines from a major maker and at affordable prices. Sorry no pics yet My camera is maxed out from my trip and I haven't had time to unpack or even unwind since I got home.

Just got word two days ago the gun was in and was only a six week wait.

Check out this site. http://www.kriss-tdi.com/products/kr...so-45-acp.html
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Awesome piece of artillery there. Congrats
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Wow. Easily top 3 for the most ugliest gun I have ever seen.

Plus 1 for what Matt said - yuk - I think I will stick with the 18in bbl 12 ga 1100 -
    Murphy - perhaps you have a touch of malaria from your recent trip ????
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Where I live, function is beauty. A gun with less recoil than a MP5 and shooting a 45 acp--I'd say that is beautiful...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Murphy,

I'm a fan of the proven 45 acp and if your new toy is reliable, then I say it's a good choice. If you need more than 13 to 30 rounds for home defense, then you need to move elsewhere. Yep, it looks like you have made a good decision. After all, we keep certain items available not for us (so much) but to protect those we love. Yep, it looks good.

MyTime

Smart of them to use Glock mags. Keep us updated after you get in some trigger time!

That is a beautiful gun! Looks like it will have a sight offset issue (similar to the AR at close range), but being a shorter range weapon that can probably be nulled via a shorter zero distance, perhaps 25 yards or so? Clearly the lower axis of the barrel will provide awesome follow up shots. I can see them making this design illegal for competition use as it would give you an "unfair advantage" in speed and accuracy.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    That is a beautiful gun! Looks like it will have a sight offset issue (similar to the AR at close range), but being a shorter range weapon that can probably be nulled via a shorter zero distance, perhaps 25 yards or so? ...
    Agree that it looks very cool. On the offset issue, is there a way to mount a laser on it near the barrel for close-up indoor use?

What is that cylindrical thingy juust above the barrel just forward of the front site? Can you put a laser on that or just below the barrel forward of the pistol grip? I'm not usually a laser guy, but this thing almost cries out for one.

I looked on GB, and didn't see any .40 S&W variants even though the mfr site says they would be available in 2009. Does anyone know if they are making those yet? I probably would prefer one of those, because I have a large number of .40 S&W guns already. Wish they had a 10mm variant too.

Will it handle +P 45ACP loads?

Here is some possibly-useful velocity estimate info: http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/45auto.html

I like it...

Ugly?? Ok but in a lovely sort of way. Over 300 rounds one afternoon and nary a hick-up. Mostly cheap 230 grain FMJ chrony-ed at 1120 ish fps. Some Corbon 230 HP at 1170 FPS. Some hand-loads with Sierra HP 230 grain at about 1130 fps. The gun is a hoot to shoot and even the kids love it.....like a real video game with cardboard bad guys.

It came with flip up sights...added the holo sight. It has a rail kit to allow mounting of gadgets left right and bottom wit a rail atop for the red dot. A bottom mounted fore grip was added and was a good addition. At 25 yards I can put ten in about an inch standing and holding tight. Trigger is a little long and heavy, some complaints there but it is very quick to shoot. The recoil vector is definitely bent.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I shot this gun when it first came out.....was not impressed. Not to mention the crappy trigger.

The awesome recoil of the 45 acp requires being "Bent"!!!

Anyway in full auto configurationg it might appeal to me more.

The one I shot did not hiccup at all 500 plus rounds and 8" plates at 100 was no problem....

So now that youve played with one Murphy, is your claim of being the perfect home defense weapon still valid?