Thread: Pinochle Trail ???

Default Pinochle Trail ???

Heading to Pinochle Trail tomm... never been on it. I've read that it is a beautiful ride. I've also heard horror stories about Hicks Creek Hill (?). Is there a go around or is the hill the only way to go ? Any other pointers for doing this ride? I wanted to get up to Caribou Creek. Thanks for any advice...

Johnny

No way around hicks creek hill unless you can find a way in from belinger pass. With all this rain the plateau will be a sloppy mess and the hill will be washed out. The creeks will be high and the bogs will be baaaaad. Divide creek is one rocky SOB, and don't forget it. Now that's my kind of ride. Pinochle is my favorite trail to ride by a wide margin, It is a challenging ride and I love it. Don't just stop at caribou creek keep pushing on. The best part of that trail is past the meat wagon! I love stopping by the old mines. I still believe it's passable to horsepasture. I was so close a couple years ago but ran out of time.

Take some recovery gear like extra winching rope, duck bill, extra oil, tools, definitely extra gas etc.... You very well may need it.

Don't hesitate to call of you want more info.

Thanks James ! Heading back that way to try to use my caribou tag. I'm hoping to be able to get up that hill. I've heard the trail was good, but with all the rain, it probably turned to crap.... I should've asked you to go with me, been a few years.... i'll try to get one and dedicate to you
    Johnny

You must have drawn 480 tag, geeesh shouldn't called we could've teamed up again. I'm heading to eureka tomorrow after work for a weekend warrior trip looking for bou. If you have second thoughts about pinochle follow me up at eureka.

PM sent regarding Eureka