Thread: 225gr Accubond - 358Win - 2574fps - bullet test

Default 225gr Accubond - 358Win - 2574fps - bullet test

Then I took the 225gr Accubond moving out of my 358Win at 2574fps, just ten yards from the jugs (first one was a 3 gallon water dispensing jug and the rest were one gallon hard plastic jugs, not milk jugs) - and it traveled 2 feet and 8 inches through the media. The 225gr Accubond weighed 180.6grs and had expanded too .663 in diameter. I did not have the rain shower that the 300Win mag made, but it was impressive also.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Thanks for the report beartooth, very cool! Nosler Accubonds have performed very well for me in the .375 and .30 cal, good bullet.

I love the ACCUBONDS I shoot 200gr bullets out of my 300 win mag loaded to around 2965fps and the fly true and hit hard. Seem to be everybit as accurate as any other bullet on the market, mine shoots .375 inch 3 shot groups at 100 yds. I have been looking at them for my 375 ruger but not sure on them or Barnes TSX or Swift Aframes. Great Bullet

Hunt safe Hunt hard
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    Then I took the 225gr Accubond moving out of my 358Win at 2574fps, just ten yards from the jugs (first one was a 3 gallon water dispensing jug and the rest were one gallon hard plastic jugs, not milk jugs) - and it traveled 2 feet and 8 inches through the media. The 225gr Accubond weighed 180.6grs and had expanded too .663 in diameter. I did not have the rain shower that the 300Win mag made, but it was impressive also.
    Beartooth,

If you get a chance, go buy a can of Alliant MR-2000 and compare it to the velocity of your current load. I'm almost certain that a max load using this powder (which is designed for the 308) will yield velocity in excess of 2650 fps. I've tested it with the 308 Winchester and with 200 grain partitions I was able to fit 47 grains of powder with no compression. I really need to run my 308 load over a chrony. I believe that a full power 358 winchester 225 gr. accubond load is one heck of a mountain rifle load. Next year I'm tooling up for a sheep hunt and will probably use a 358 winchester carbine using this very bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    Beartooth,

If you get a chance, go buy a can of Alliant MR-2000 and compare it to the velocity of your current load. I'm almost certain that a max load using this powder (which is designed for the 308) will yield velocity in excess of 2650 fps. I've tested it with the 308 Winchester and with 200 grain partitions I was able to fit 47 grains of powder with no compression. I really need to run my 308 load over a chrony. I believe that a full power 358 winchester 225 gr. accubond load is one heck of a mountain rifle load. Next year I'm tooling up for a sheep hunt and will probably use a 358 winchester carbine using this very bullet.
    Yes, I will give it a try. I have never used it but I will test it out. My hunting loads are set for this year but I will still test that powder. Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS