Thread: Underwater Secrets of Catching Halibut, Rockfish & Lingcod DVD

Default Underwater Secrets of Catching Halibut, Rockfish & Lingcod DVD

Underwater Secrets of Catching Halibut, Rockfish & Lingcod DVD anybody watch it or got one for sale ? Hate to cough up $35
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

None of those particular species are difficult to catch.. Locating the Ling and Hali is the biggest challenge. Once you've found them, they jump on the hook pretty easily.

Dittos to Calvin, there is no secret to catching any of those species, dangle a jig or a piece of bait in front of them and you'll get em. The secret is being able to consistantly find them, and for water conditions to allow you to present a lure to them.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

these guys pretty much covered it. Save yourself the $35 and just ask a few questions here about how to find halibut, rockfish, and ling. You'll get more than enough info.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Thanks guys, Got my (New to ME) boat in for a new engine just wanted something to watch before I get it back and out in the Sound after a few runs in Big Lake first
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I bought it, it's pretty short of a video for the money. Plus it was on a regular DVD-r. SO the production quality is poor. Good info, good plugs for some interesting tackle they sell. But I think it was cool. Maybe a bit better professionally would justify the price.

I bought it at the Sportsman Show after his Hali infomercial. Some cool footage, but not really cool enough to justify the reduced $20 show price. There is too much time talking about his rigs for sale versus actually watching the underwater footage.

I have passed it around for others to watch and everyone so far has responded with excitement to watch it, I try to help with expectations and say its not that cool, and get the disappointing look when they return it. If I could recall who had it presently, I would happily pass it along to you. Its worth wtaching for free, but wouldn't buy it again.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

I agree with wildwill it was interesting to see the underwater footage but not worth much more than that. My dad bought a $20 copy at the sportrsmans show a couple of years ago and it has been floating around with his coworkers for awhile now.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks guys, Got my (New to ME) boat in for a new engine just wanted something to watch before I get it back and out in the Sound after a few runs in Big Lake first
    Sounds like a lot of fun. The only secret to getting good at loading up the boat is to go fishing.. a bunch. Nothing beats time on the water. Just keep going and you'll get better every trip.

Be patient on the Halibut. For Lings, just keep drifting good looking spots. You catch one, mark the spot and keep hitting it.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.