Thread: Bushmaster Carbon Fiber

Default Bushmaster Carbon Fiber

Got a new 223 yesterday - Bushmaster has one out with a Bushnell 1x red dot scope package. I sold a M4 Bushy to my Bro-in-law as I didn't really like the open sites - so got this puppy...
    Run 1 20 round clip of Steel cased wolf ammo thru it - no function issues - accuracy a bit less than stellar -
    Run 1 20 round clip of brass cased American Eagle thru it - no function issues - very accurate considering I was not letting gun cool.
    The scope is OK, red dot a bit large with some blurryness but out to 100 yards it is decent.
    Gun only weighs 5 lbs - very sweet to hold and shoot.
    Comes with a cheap plastic case that Bushmaster didn't think ahead and allow for the mounted scope - pretty tight fit.
    May throw a leupy fixed 4 power on it - that should make a nice improvement!
    Trigger is pretty "gritty" may need a little honing or a new trigger may replace it later on.
    Overall I would say its a B+/ A- for the price.
    Only break in this gun is going to get is alot of rounds down range - no babying this puppy...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I have one of the older Professional Ordinance models. It is a fun gun to shoot and super light to carry. I have a red dot on it now, but have been looking at the new Leuopold tactical scopes.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

I've got a Bushmaster Carbon 15 with a Vortex Sparc red dot on it. Accurate enough to hit clay pigeons at 150 yards prone off a bipod. Super light a 5 lbs 2 ozs with a 30 round mag. I love mine and could care less it isn't a "real" AR. 1500 rounds through mine without a single burp. I didn't even clean it for 500 rounds just to see how much abuse it could take.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I've got a Bushmaster Carbon 15 with a Vortex Sparc red dot on it. Accurate enough to hit clay pigeons at 150 yards prone off a bipod. Super light a 5 lbs 2 ozs with a 30 round mag. I love mine and could care less it isn't a "real" AR. 1500 rounds through mine without a single burp. I didn't even clean it for 500 rounds just to see how much abuse it could take.
    AK,

Any sign of hammer pin wear yet? I heard they will elongate after a few thousand rounds. I only have 450 thru mine....no problems.

No sign on mine yet.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem