Thread: Film To DVD

Default Film To DVD

Does anyone know of an outfit in the Anchorage area that can take 16mm movies and put them onto DVD? We have quite a lot of family movies that are really old...like shot 40-45 yrs ago...don't want to lose them.

Thanks
    Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

There used to be a place over on Arctic and 36th, kind of a hole in the wall above the tool rental store. Can't recall the name of the top of my head.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Try Action Video Productions in Anchorage. 277-8115
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

I think kits camera in the dimond mall does it too. Right outside of the best buy doors leading into the mall.

Borrow any modern HD camcorder, set it up on a tripod, and record your older films being played on a nice flat screen TV. Adjust volume in an experimental fashion till it is picked up properly. Load the digital file you create into the computer from the hard drive or memory disc (depending on HD camcorder used), then save the file on an external hard drive, burn DVD-R's, etc... Same process as photographing a photograph. Simple, but effective.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thanks all for the tips and leads...sounds like I got a couple of options I can try!

Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"