Thread: SOTAR Radical and Moose raft dimensions / differences?

Default SOTAR Radical and Moose raft dimensions / differences?

Does anyone have the actual measurements for either of these rafts? My searches have turned up only approximations and adjectives: about 15 feet long, and about 5 feet wide, or "long and skinny", etc. Not even tube diameters, just "oversized". The photos of these rafts loaded in the field are impressive! So, I know that they were well thought out and designed to precise specifications. Just wish I could find out what those figures are?

Thanx, Dave.

Well Dave, there is quite a bit of difference in the" RADICAL" and the "ALASKAN MOOSE BOAT". the "RADICAL" is basically a 12' ST raft stretched to 16' with 20" tubes, both bow and stern have the same rocker.

I had SOTAR build the "MOOSE BOAT" to have the bow made on the SL design with tapered tubes from 19" to 16" and the stern like the ST with 19" tubes and lowered a bit to better handle a small outboard. She is 15'2" long, 5'2" wide, with 24" between the tubes and a 9'8.5" water line. I also had a strip of fabric put under the bailing holes to keep water from coming in while under power, but still drain from the top. She also has 10' of grommet strips on top of the tubes to lace rope through and keep meat and gear off the floor. There are 6 d-rings with handles and 17 other 1.5" d-rings.

Both boats are welded 100% 40 oz. urethane over 4,000 din. polyester. The "MOOSE BOAT" weighs in a little over 90#, not quite sure on the "RADICAL", but it does have a lot more fabric in it. These are custom built boats, but there are a couple up here in Alaska for sale.

Hope this answers most of your questions,
    Goo

Goo,
    Thanx for all the specs and info! Having a choice of bow profiles would be nice.
    The feature that covers the bailing holes for motoring sounds very interesting.
    What kind of performance have you seen while using a motor?
    Thanx, Dave.