Thread: Deshka report

Default Deshka report

Anyone fished near the mouth recently? Visitors here, and need a convenient spot to silver fish. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GOL View Post
    Anyone fished near the mouth recently? Visitors here, and need a convenient spot to silver fish. Thanks.
    Its been very sporadic. The rain isnt helping matters. People go and limit out one day and then there is nothing the next. A quick peek at the ADFG weir count will show ya. A couple days with 2k fish then a couple with 0.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

There are fish coming up every day. The weir is completely flooded and they can't count fish till the water drops. The water was about two feet over the top of the weir last weekend.
    In high water silvers tend to slip into a quiet slough and wait for the water to drop and all the debris to disappear.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    There are fish coming up every day. The weir is completely flooded and they can't count fish till the water drops. The water was about two feet over the top of the weir last weekend.
    In high water silvers tend to slip into a quiet slough and wait for the water to drop and all the debris to disappear.
    BK
    Yeah if you know the area the fishing can probably still be good. A guy told me he knows the sloughs where they like to hold up but I dont know the river and I suspect a lot of people dont.

Not be a smart***, but run up the river and look for any slow moving side channels or sloughs off the river.
    It just takes a little exploring and who doesn't like running their boat in some new country.
    They were devouring eggs last week and when you find 'em it's pretty easy to limit out.
    With this high water it's very easy to navigate the river, the sandbars and rocks are under 2' of water.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Not be a smart***, but run up the river and look for any slow moving side channels or sloughs off the river.
    It just takes a little exploring and who doesn't like running their boat in some new country.
    They were devouring eggs last week and when you find 'em it's pretty easy to limit out.
    With this high water it's very easy to navigate the river, the sandbars and rocks are under 2' of water.
    BK
    Yeah me and a buddy ran up and down the river for 6 hours. I could only go about 4 miles up but we tried every slough and every bit of slow moving water. We used eggs and every lure in the box. We saw very few rollers (about 3 all day) and didnt see anyone else catching either except the guides. The fishing is gonna be different now than it was a week and a half ago though.