Thread: Field Repair Kit for a Outboard 4-Str Jets What do You carry?

Default Field Repair Kit for a Outboard 4-Str Jets What do You carry?

I have a Wooldridge AkII with 115 4-str Honda outboard jet.
    I have; Fuel filter, hoses, pluggs, Oil filter, Oil, Marine Grease, Electric wire, spare Battery.

Not counting tools, what do YOU carry for spare parts / repair in the field?

I don't have a complete list for you, but--specific to the OB jet--carry the tools to get at and remove the impeller (for adjusting the shims) and a file to sharpen the leading edges of the impeller. Not really a spare part, but a bottle or two of heet (I carry red).

If running long way out and skinny water i would throw in there a Jet foot. sleeve and impeller,Maybe water pump kit too!

I carry an extra foot and sleeve, grease, plugs, water pump kit, complete tool kit for my 2 stroke. I also carry a one burner stove, small pot, a couple Mt. House meals, and a tarp. Got stranded overnight several years ago so I added the last items, and have never needed them.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by MRFISH View Post
    I don't have a complete list for you, but--specific to the OB jet--carry the tools to get at and remove the impeller (for adjusting the shims) and a file to sharpen the leading edges of the impeller. Not really a spare part, but a bottle or two of heet (I carry red).
    PLus a full set of shims, nut, plastic washer and 2 lock rings. I just had a rope get sucked up and had to remove the foot in open water about 2 foot deep. I am adding a set of 6 SS nylocks for the foot.

You might also consider the hardware for the nozzle.

Water pump kit with grease, new pee valve with collar if your boat uses one.

Fuses. A trouble light can be nice too.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I always make sure I have at least two impeller keys, dropped one while removing a ton of rocks and was SOL. Had to file down a allen wrench to use to make it home, 55mile trip back out from the middle of nowhere.