Thread: Fishing guides at Cooper Landing.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Default Fishing guides at Cooper Landing.

I have a friend visiting from the lower 48 next week and I am thinking of a float fishing trip in the Cooper Landing area. I have never hired a guide on the Kenai before is this a good time of the year for trout and maybe Silvers? We would be wanting to fly fish but are not purists and will use whatever works. Looking to C&R trout and hopefully keep a few Silvers for the grill.

Looking for guide recommendations and any other words of wisdom.

Thanks!

This a good time to fish the upper river (Cooper Landing to Skilak Lake) and the middle river (Skilak Lake to Soldotna Bridge) for trout. There is good Silver fishing in the lower river (Soldotna Bridge to Warren Ames Bridge). You will probably have a chance to catch Silvers in the middle river as well. Some good guides for the middle river are McClure's Guide service, Troutfitters, Fenton Brothers.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Thanks qkayak and danattherock!

We went with Troutfitters last time we were up. I highly recommend them. Probably the best guide experience I have had.

I don't know why but I like this.... :*