Thread: Broken charter in Valdez?

Default Broken charter in Valdez?

Oh no.. I just got a call from my charter bookie.. The boat, I and 5 of my relatives that are flying in the the lower 48 this week, has broken. Won't be fixed for the rest of the year now? So now I'm hosed.. ARGH!!

I'm hosed. And Valdez doesn't seem to have an extra abundance of charters available now of course. I have to come up with fishing for 6 people now.

Any suggestions?

John

Ladyluck @Valdez.net. Halibutgrove here on the forum might also have some slots. They both operate out of Valdez. Good luck
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Any phone numbers? Luck of the Irish is shutdown for the year now too.

I hope all goes well for them, seems an family emergency.

Who wants to take 6 guys out to catch fish for a few days? PM me if you like.
    My boat is under repairs and the mechanic was out fishing today. LOL))

I'm trying to save 5 people's once in a lifetime trip to Alaska. I can fish anytime, but for these guys, this is their once in a lifetime trip.

John

Contact Fish Central in Valdez. They may be able to book you with someone. They also have boats that you can rent out for the day, but if you don't know what you're doing, that isn't the best option for success.

Hehe, that's who called me and said the boat was broken and cancelled on us. They are trying, but there is nothing left for halibut fishing. But they are looking around to help for sure. UGH..) Called EZFreeze and such too. They are full up. So, I'll keep trying. heck I'd even stay on shore myself to make sure they got to fish.

Hopefully I can pull a rabbit outta my hat somehow.)

Regards,

John

Keep them ideas coming though.)

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post
    Hehe, that's who called me and said the boat was broken and cancelled on us. They are trying, but there is nothing left for halibut fishing. But they are looking around to help for sure. UGH..) Called EZFreeze and such too. They are full up. So, I'll keep trying. heck I'd even stay on shore myself to make sure they got to fish.

Hopefully I can pull a rabbit outta my hat somehow.)

Regards,

John

Keep them ideas coming though.)
    Hey, just a thought. Are you tied into going to Valdez? I would bet money you could find a charter out of Seward without much trouble at all.

Lodging all paid for for 5 nights in valdez already. I had thought of that, but a bit late to change that now. (

What dates are you trying to book? Try Dan Eames at 244-1953 Mel Grove at 907-440-9148 Lady Luck Randy 255-2059
    No Excuses maybe available last week of August

Well, after asking around.. It seems the charter boat wasn't broken.. The captain decided he didn't want to fish anymore this year... So much for integrity... I paid for 6 people back in April. If I would have cancelled out less than a week out, I would have been stuck paying.. So no recourse if I get hosed.. LAME.. If you want to know who the offending charter was, PM me. I'm not sure I can post the name here.

Did manage to make friends with Josh Hughes on the Danger Zone. He was a great guy and fun! I highly recommend him if you call down for a charter. He went out of his way to make sure we had a great time.

While we didn't halibut fish, we did manage to slay silvers and rockfish. My father actually caught a chicken while we were trolling for silvers. So we got one little butt. ))