Thread: Model 70 Style Triggers for 98 Mausers

Default Model 70 Style Triggers for 98 Mausers

Coming soon - M70 style triggers for M98 Mausers - made in Alaska on CNC equipment by a former member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild. Alaska Arms LLC

How soon is "soon"?

Default interesting!

The Mdl 70 style trigger would also most likely require a new or modified cocking piece.

I wish someone would also pick up and make the canjar single set triggers for mauser and other rifles.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    I wish someone would also pick up and make the canjar single set triggers for mauser and other rifles.
    I have a Canjar on my .500 A-Square. The wide trigger shoe is sooooo comfortable, and at three pounds un-set, you really do not feel like you are actually putting three pounds on the trigger due to the area of the shoe. A very nice trigger. An excellent idea too.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

What do you all think of the Timney Sportsman trigger? I am thinking of putting one on my 7x57mm 98 Mauser custom I am having built.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Never having used one, I don't know, but am sure it will work perfectly as I've never heard of anyone having problems with the Timney triggers.

New England Custom Gun carries a Canjar-style trigger for the Mauser, but it doesn't seem to be as clean a profile as Canjar.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

That is good news if it is the "old style" Mod. 70 trigger. If it is I hope they also make one for the "new Mod. 70"s".

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    What do you all think of the Timney Sportsman trigger? I am thinking of putting one on my 7x57mm 98 Mauser custom I am having built.
    I would hold out and try one of the new Winchester style. Keep it local...

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    I put one on my Mauser this summer. I like it. The only bolt action rifle I own that doesn't have a Timney trigger is a CZ.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

I've got Timney's on all my Mausers and my M77 Ruger (Tang safety). They do a great job.

For the OP, why is the maker a "former" member of the ACGG? Didn't know they kicked people out.

I've used nothing but Timneys on my Mausers with the exception of a Blackburn on one. A mod. 70 style on a Mauser? looking to see the works.....post pics please.