Thread: We Finally Made It to Soldotna!!!

Default We Finally Made It to Soldotna!!!

We are here!!! After 18 AWESOME days on the road, traveling from TN through Canada to AK, we finally made it to Soldotna last Sunday evening (08/07/11) and have been trying to get settled. Our friends, whose cabin we are staying in were here last week when we arrived so they spent to week showing us around and taking us fishing. We spent two days on the Kenai, with my youngest son catching a small trout, my oldest getting the goose egg, my wife landing her first silver and me breaking two silvers off and landing a nice rainbow trout. Our friends left yesterday morning so we are now officially on our own and anxious to see what the future holds. We've already met a lot of nice folks here in the area and look forward to meeting more.

Apologies for not posting earlier but we had no internet in Canada without paying through the nose and we have been busy over the past week here in AK. To complicate matters even more, our cellular internet connection at the house is not all that great. I'm sitting at the Safeway as I type this trying to get our pictures, videos and blog updated. I've made a few updates but we'll be posting more updates from the past couple of weeks on our blog over the next week or so. Thanks for checking in on us and be sure to check out the blog when you have time.

http://faithtothe49th.blogspot.com/

G3_Guy
    Brian M.
    G3 Guy
    "...with God all things are possible." - Mark 10:27

Congratulations G3! I hope you and your family find Alaska all that you hoped for!

I been reading your blog since day 1, was fun to read and glad you finally made it =)
    Whens the big job interview ?

edit: oh yea almost forgot, you can now change your location hehe, thought you might enjoy that

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Hi Brian,
    Glad to hear you finally made it here.From reading your blog sounds like an exciting adventure for sure.
    My wife and I are moving down to Raymond,Washington the 29th of this month...so we are going the other way.
    I sincerely hope Alaska is all you have dreampt it to be and that you will be happy here for a long time.For us,,,,family is calling us back.That and elk hunting deer hunting,steelhead that you can keep,and being able to have flowing water all year long.
    Best of luck to you and your family..........make it happen.

Thanks guys! The trip up was nice and so far we have really enjoyed our time here! I know this maybe heresy to some but we are actually looking forward to winter as all of our family enjoys the snow. Obviously we have never experienced a winter and snow like AK has to offer but for now we are excited. Ask me again after winter and that opinion may change. :-)

@Rumbarr - Profile updated and it felt good to make that change. :-) As for the job interviews, I still have to call and set them up but hopefully in the next couple of weeks. With trying to get settled it has been a whirlwind the past couple of weeks.

@Mark - Sorry that you are leaving but can certainly understand the reasons. Would love to meet you before you go. I've enjoyed and appreciated our offline conversations prior to our move up.
    G3 Guy
    "...with God all things are possible." - Mark 10:27