Thread: arctic cat 700 diesel

Default arctic cat 700 diesel

Anybody have any info on the arctic cat 700 diesel ? Do you or a friend own one ? My friend is looking at getting one ,I told him I never even heard of a diesel ATV until he told me about it.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

While it's not very common, Diesel is not new to ATV's. If I remember right, Polaris has built diesel ATVs in the past, and John Deere has built them for a long time as well, though the JD units are more like tractors, intended for work not play.

I don't know anything specific about the AC, but it is likely not quite as fast as a gas model, but will get better fuel economy and haul heavy loads easier, probably have better longevity too.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

On the Arctic Cat forum (http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showforum=59) some members reported they have seen them at dealers. Reported top speed is about 50 mph. Fuel economy is supposed to be 30% better than the 700 gas models and the weight is 820 pounds dry.
    I would think if they are geared low enough to turn some good mud tires they would be a good machine to take hunting due to the extra torque for pulling a meat wagon and the better economy means less fuel has to be carried with you.
    Peyton, Colorado

If the diesel engine puts out plenty of torque re-clutching the machine would make it a torque monster. These mud guys will be all over it, and if it is a success we will probably hear about it on the mud forums. Hopefully the diesel cat will be startable in cold weather, but somehow I doubt it.

Polaris did have a diesel atv in and around 2000. It was a bust really, I only hear of them in salvage yards and on farms anymore. Rumor has it they were as reliable as a pinto.

Default Just saw one

Saw one today at big lake Artic Cat. The dealer started it, a little noisey. Noticed it weighed 800 pounds......whow! It is a beast and I bet would make a great machince for hauling around large loads.
    "Never again shall one generation of Veterans abandon another".
    Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thumbs down no thanks!

Theres enough of that stink and noise on the roads...putting that stench in the woods? No way, I say.

Default Sportsman's show

Arctic Cat had one at the sportman's show last weekend. A 700 diesel I believe. I didn't look at it, figured since I can't afford a 4 wheeler no need to look at a new diesel model.

Tim

Default Love it!!!

Can you get it with a twin turbo and a flowmaster exhaust!!! Sometimes I think these factory guys run out of ideas and just need to build something ridiculous. Besides that if you did get it stuck call the D-3 in to get you out.

My dad has an arctic cat 700 diesel and it is nice. lots of torque,rear diff lock,4x4,can run on 13 or 14ish types of biodiel if needed, large,tops at 60km on flat dirt road;or 80 on an incline. you can fly right up a steep hill with thick loose round rocks no problem. if you buy the speedrack you can get so many different attacments and stuff like chain saw holder etc. best of all,you can make your own speed rack attachments to your own needs.if you buy one tho get a new battery because they usually give you a crappy one.

I bet that bad boy would be a ***** to pull start!!!