Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 year olds in the frat now!!!

Default 7 year olds in the frat now!!!

My oldest boy (7 yeards old) got to fill some caribou tags for the family this past weekend,( thurs and fri) up on the denali Hwy. using an AR-15 with barnes vortex 55gr he smoked both these cows under 70 yards with one shot kills, hit the heart on both of them and got complete penetration on both as well. made for some awesome video! he was super stoked, got him a ground squirrel as well. I'm so thankfull for the teir I opportunity that it creates to get kids out on simple hunts to get their feet wet on big game! 115lbs of bones out meat for the freezer as well...good thing grandpa don't like caribou....!!
    great trip, seen alot of families out there camped on the road as well...good for you!

Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Congrats Jake and Hunter!! Very nice caribou and good job working freezer filling for the family! The question is.. Did he get the ground squirrel and the caribou in one shot??

Anyhow, really enjoyed the pic and now I can't wait to get home and get Bob out after caribou again!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Nothing better in the world,well 7 year old daughter is right in there too.Sign the boy up on the forum so I can REP him
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Way to go Jake and Mini-Jake!

ps. does that .223 make his butt look big?
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 08-14-2011 at 13:37. Reason: added line

thanks guys, he had a riot for sure! the AR-15 sure does make his mouth move though! he talked on the stalk, talked before he shot, talked when he aimed, talked right after he shot and i don't think he stopped talking till he fell asleep that night!
    denalihunter, we stopped by your place and hunter hung out with bob for a bit, jen gave me the updated tour as well. you've done did some work there, lookin' good.
    didn't see any 'bou west of clearwater. vast majority were east of maclaren for the most part. only bulls we saw were up valdez creek, took a spin up there to check it out. wished i had the fly rod with me though.
    Master guide 212

Looks like a big smile for a couple of guys, congrats
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Congratulations to the young sharp shooter. Well Done.

Thanks for the report. I plan on taking Bob to Maclaren Summit. There's always animals passing through there. Yep, we've done a ton of updating and improving and finishing the place. By snow fall we should be really running smooth. Just need to fix the roof on 'Jake's Fur Shack'.
    This looks like the year for 7 year olds! Bob has his sights on a moose and a grizzly this summer/fall. I hope that plays out where we can get the perfect set up for that. It's just time in the woods and it'll happen. Would be cool to get Hunter and Bob on a hunt together.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Congrats to you and your son, Jake. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats to Hunter, well done! Nothing I like more than seeing the up and coming generation of hunters coming into the fold. And looks like you got in some grayling fishing too.

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Congratulations to both Hunter and you. I remember you telling me how excited you were about this hunt when we were chasing Grizzly north of Talkeetna this Spring. I`m not surprised at his success because he has a great teacher. I`ll keep in touch and we`ll chase some more bear next year!

Awesome job Dad and congrats to the young Hunter.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thats sweet, but how did he get 2 if it was a tier 1? I though it was one tag per family
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Sounds like one for Jake's household, and one for grandpa's.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

ya the under 10 year old reg, they don't get a bag limit but can fill tags for a supervising tag holder...i think page 13 of the regs on the bottom.
    Master guide 212

Great Job!! He might be buckin' for your job Good seeing yall at the lodge. We picked ours up the next morning down the road the next morning.
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

Great job Jake, I am sure you were excited when he got the caribou. I know the feeling of the young boys getting their animal. Not sure who was more excited when my stepson got his first whitetail-him or me, but I think it was me. Great pics, thanks.

Awesome, looks like another happy client! Hoping to get my 10 year old on her first kill starting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    ya the under 10 year old reg, they don't get a bag limit but can fill tags for a supervising tag holder...i think page 13 of the regs on the bottom.
    Ah I get what your sayin. Thats just plane awesome! I Sure am glad I growed up deer hunting with dad in oregon.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Plannin on my kid starting with an AR. But she's got a 6.8. You need one too, Jake.
    Did he get the grayling with the AR also?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast