Thread: Caswell Alaska

Default Caswell Alaska

Can anyone give me any information on the history of Caswell Alaska? I would be interested in how and when it came into being as a town.

It's not a town. It's a compilation of several huge subdivisions branching off Hidden Hills Rd pretty much started in the late 70's and early 80's. Caswell Lks. Sub, Secluded Lakes Sub, Hidden Hills Sub, Eagles Nest 1 and 2, and I'm sure I missed a couple. There is no town center, no gas stations, no schools etc.. The only restraunt/bar is Sheep Creek Lodge that is out on the Parks Highway just north of Hidden Hills Rd. Camp Caswell the local laundrimat/general store has been closed all summer. They do, however, have a volunteer fire department in the development stages.

The nearest grocery store, hardware store, high school and gas station are 11 miles north on the Parks Highway. The Caswell Lakes area is part of the Susitna Community Council which ranges from the Kashwitna River all the way up to the Susitna River on the Parks Highway and Answer Creek on the Talkeetna Spur Rd... (roughly).
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Pm me if u still want to know. I own a place there and a friend of mine actually put the first road in back there. Ward family...anyone who owns back there knows who they are.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.