Thread: Lee's Flying Service

Default Lee's Flying Service

Anyone know how to get ahold of Lee's Air Taxi?? Are they still in business?? No one answers the phone or returns any messages, and their email and website don't work. Who else in the Glennallen area has a Beaver on floats??

I assume you are talking about Al Lee. That is a name I haven't heard in years. I think he retired the last I heard. But it is possible that someone else took over his business. I could be wrong though. That is just hearsay. As far as other pilots in the area. Maybe try Mike Meekin (Meekin's Air Service) or there is a guy out in Glennallen who flies a Helio. I can't recall his name off the top of my head, but I think he is a good pilot. Not sure about any floatplane services.

Last I knew Al Lee's son took over the business. I hope he's still got it open but maybe not???

Is there anyone up there with a 185 on floats?? Is that Helio on floats?? Anyone know that outfits name??

I just got back a couple of hours ago and flew with the owner, Dave of Copper Valley Air. I flew in his helio on floats. Top notch operation for sure

Bart Bartlee used to have a 180 on floats he was near Lee,s air service. But he,s is probably not flying anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakn View Post
    Last I knew Al Lee's son took over the business. I hope he's still got it open but maybe not???
    Al's son was flying hunters out last year, but not sure of his plans for this season. Darn good pilot.
    Al passed away about a year ago. He hadn't flown for hire in several years due to his age. Sadly another Alaskan legend is gone.
    May he rest in peace.

Has anyone on here flown with Lee's Flying Service this year, know anyone else who has, or know their real phone number? Still trying to find out if they are still in business and get ahold of them.

I talked to Mr. Lee today. He's booked solid this fall. I'll send a pm.