Thread: seward coho fishing

Default seward coho fishing

I was wondering how I could catch some silvers in seward

You obviously are new to this great place....lots of gray area on this question and open to abuot 1,000 different answers. Might want to narrow it down a bit.....Answers from most might include..hire a guide, fish from the shore, take up diving with a spear gun...or just wade out with a net..or throw some large firecrackers in the water..lol...seriously, where do we that like to provide answers start? I wish you the best of luck! Tight lines.

DH
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    You obviously are new to this great place....lots of gray area on this question and open to abuot 1,000 different answers. Might want to narrow it down a bit.....Answers from most might include..hire a guide, fish from the shore, take up diving with a spear gun...or just wade out with a net..or throw some large firecrackers in the water..lol...seriously, where do we that like to provide answers start? I wish you the best of luck! Tight lines.

DH
    I am not Alex, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I am another newbie and am headed up there from Michigan next week looking for some silvers too. We will be with Captain Jim with Polebenders out of Anchor Point on Wednesday and Captain Nik on the Crackerjack Saturday. Besides that, we plan on doing the Kenai/Russian, Ship Creek, and trying for something from shore in Seward. I will have my brother, his 16 year old son, and my 10 year old son with me and am hoping the boys have a good time.

What is going to work in Seward from shore? I have been hearing Vibrax spoons? I know this is the salt water forum, but does anyone know what works as far as the "single, unbaited hook with a 3/8" or less gap" for the Kenai/Russian?

Sorry for the thread hijack Alex. This seemed like the right place to start asking.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Jermanator View Post
    trying for something from shore in Seward.
    What is going to work in Seward from shore? I have been hearing Vibrax spoons?

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Jeremy get yourself some #3 vibrax spinners in pink, chartreuse, orange and green. If you catch a fish w/ a tag in it, don't tell a soul! Get ahold of me, I'm in charge of collecting tags cause we're doing a study and its very important so get ahold of me ASAP, those tags are bio-degradable and we'll lose our data. I forgot to mention there will be a handsome finders fee courtesy of the institution..
    Last edited by fullbush; 08-14-2011 at 08:41. Reason: forgot to mention the reward

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Jeremy get yourself some #3 vibrax spinners in pink, chartreuse, orange and green. If you catch a fish w/ a tag in it, don't tell a soul! Get ahold of me, I'm in charge of collecting tags cause we're doing a study and its very important so get ahold of me ASAP, those tags are bio-degradable and we'll lose our data. I forgot to mention there will be a handsome finders fee courtesy of the institution..
    I ain't that new. We will be buying our salmon derby tickets the minute we get into Seward. I will make sure to let everyone know if one of us gets a tagged fish... In order to brag.... I mean, share the important scientific information with as many people as possible.

Thanks for the heads up on the vibrax.

Thank you for all of the information guys.