Thread: 20B Antlerless Permit Winners...

Default 20B Antlerless Permit Winners...

So who is going to be out there first thing Monday morning? My dad and I are taking my daughter out on her middle Chatanika hunt early Monday morning. Hoping to get her in the right place at the right time.

Good luck to you all!

Default Wrong style

This is a registration hunt, not a drawing. If I had not drawn a moose tag this year, I would. I might have my wife go out and shoot one. We will just have to wait and see if she wants to.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Going out on Wednesday, I have to work on Monday.

Jcorwin4278,

AS I read the regs this is a draw permit, not a Registration hunt. Just FYI, don't want to mislead folks.

Jerod, good luck and hope the daughter gets one.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Springer View Post
    Jcorwin4278,

AS I read the regs this is a draw permit, not a Registration hunt. Just FYI, don't want to mislead folks.

Jerod, good luck and hope the daughter gets one.

Steve
    They are both right here. Unit 20B has both registration AND drawing permits for antlerless moose. Different sub areas and restrictions depending on which one you have or are going to get.

Got to work Monday till about 7 PM... Then will probably do a road hunt. If don't get lucky, will go out Wednesday for a day hunt. Since my tag is only good till the 31st, and I don't have a lot of leave available- I'll make do with what time I can get in.
    Am really hoping for a suicidal cow reeeeal close to the road!

Chris

One of the guys I work with got drawn for that hunt. He should be in FBKS now. We'll pass each other at the CDB airport at the end of the month when I go out on mine.
    Now what ?

Jcorwin, the registration hunt starts around the end of October. My daughter drew DM722 which is from Aug. 15-31st. I put her in for two of the early season local antlerless hunts and for the Delta Youth Hunt. We are headed to the range now for one more practice session with the .243, and we'll be on the road at first light. We'll have the 4 wheeler with us in case we get the urge to get off the road a ways, but I think for now we are just going to try and get lucky with a moose visible from the road.

DM737 starting Tuesday for me. Work monday but then have the next 19 days off work for hunting. 2 different trips planned after hopefully getting a moose in the freezer!
    "One Last Cast"

We almost scored this morning. We were headed up the Steese early and saw a cow on the side of the highway. We pulled off and saw another moose behind her, but then we noticed it was a young bull, probably 30" or so. We got about 100 yards away and the cow was looking at us, but the bull was spooked by an oncoming car. The bull went into the woods and the cow turned and followed him without offering us a shot. We went after them in the woods, and bumped them twice but never got a shot opportunity. We saw a half dozen or so other hunters, and on our way back to town we did see one being butchered.

That was my daughters first stalk, so she got a good experience out of it. She was pretty nervous, but all in all was ready to get down to business if the opportunity presented itself. We found some new areas to get off the road a ways, so we'll try a couple that are closer to town tonight and hit it again early tomorrow.

How has the hunting been the last few days for the antlerless tags? I have been stuck at work. Havent got to go out yet.

We went out again early Tuesday morning. We were scouting an area for a while and decided to get back to the truck and head towards some fields. We were just getting to the edge of a field when an oncoming white van pulled over on the side of the road a quarter mile ahead of us. Sure enough, it was a box full of tourists that had stopped to take pictures of a lone cow moose 25 yards off the road. Argh! We watched them fluster the moose enough until it headed off into the thick stuff. We gave chase but never did find her. We are going to try again tomorrow morning early, but my daughter starts school on Thursday, so the morning hunts won't be happening every day. I haven't seen any others taken while we've been out other than the one on opening day.

you should have dropped it so the tourist could have gotten a closer look at a moose.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

My daughter wanted to, and I was tempted, but that's not our style. If we would have found the moose first, they would have been more than welcome to watch us shoot though.

Didn't see any moose this morning, but had a great time with my daughter. We hiked for a ways up some power lines, and each day we've been seeing critters like porcupines, fox, squirrels, etc. She's been a real trooper with getting up and out at 4:30 each morning.

hi ya'll i have a DM 703 tag. North of livengood . Ill be north of the eliot and west of the haul road. just look for an old blue and white bronco with a brown fender and a light bar on top. I should have my new to me 1970s argo along for the ride. I think im going to use bull season to scout for cow season lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    One of the guys I work with got drawn for that hunt. He should be in FBKS now. We'll pass each other at the CDB airport at the end of the month when I go out on mine.
    He scored!
    Now what ?