Thread: Rain turning into snow in the interior.

Default Rain turning into snow in the interior.

The long term forcast is for a couple of dry days and a whole lota rainy days.

If you are up high be prepared for the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    The long term forcast is for a couple of dry days and a whole lota rainy days.

If you are up high be prepared for the snow.
    RS- I just came back from DCUA...snow line at 5k' and dropping. Wet and crappy up there with low visibility. 2 decent days of hunting in the last 7 where I was at.

I too suffered snow and rain the last week. Hard to glass when you can only see 50 yards.

I pity the guys who are camping out tonight over on the McComb Plate, lol, she just decided to let all the water out at once for the last hour, and I don't think shes done yet.

In 1980 Alaska Fish & Game sent military helicopters in to extract sheep hunters. I was on the Robinson Glacier and got 4' of snow in one night. One year in the late 80's or early 90's I and my hunter were extracted from "Rip' Snorter" back to Clark Engle's camp in the Alaska Range because of heavy snow fall.

We lost 7 complete camps, totally lost everything including new Bomb shelters, and 3 full curl sheep shot and abandoned. When they say leave everything and get in the aircraft, they mean leave everything. I took off with "Gator" and as we lifted off the entire camp was taken out in a snow slide.