Thread: Walk in access Chitina?

Default Walk in access Chitina?

Hey everyone, I have tried a few forum searches looking for this topic. Is there any walk in access that is decent? Last year I was able to ride in on a wheeler and did well, this year not so much. I have seen some dipping at the bridge, is there any other spots? Thanks for the help in advance.

drive to o'brien crk and start walking. look for well-worn trails to the river. many. remember your large life jacket or 2.

I believe the first couple of miles are tribal land that you're supposed to get a day pass for or suchlike, not that I think many people bother. The whole trail goes maybe six miles and has plenty of decent spots. Pick one with bloodstains, some room to stand, and something to tie off to, and make yourself as comfortable as you can. Trying every spot will only make you tired. Just remember to wear walking shoes. If you walk it in your felt-soles you will probably only start to notice when it's too late. It's hard to stay interested with bruises on the sole of your foot.