Thread: Deadnutz scope mounts

Default Deadnutz scope mounts

Anyone try them? Opinions?

I prefer two piece mounts so I've not given them a try and I'll likely stay with Talley Lightweights. I'd also say I'd rather have four cap screws than the DNZ mounts that use two. Not too mention that the Talley rings are cheaper...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I have only had experience with leupold mounts, both 1 and 2 piece. I prefer the one piece simply because it is less pieces, so it is inherently stiffer. The deadnutz caught my eye because the bottom ring and base are machined from one piece of metal, so as long as their machining is good it should be straight. I also like how a one piece base fills the gap between the scope and the receiver. Just aesthetics but to me it looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinHank View Post
    I have only had experience with leupold mounts, both 1 and 2 piece. I prefer the one piece simply because it is less pieces, so it is inherently stiffer. The deadnutz caught my eye because the bottom ring and base are machined from one piece of metal, so as long as their machining is good it should be straight. I also like how a one piece base fills the gap between the scope and the receiver. Just aesthetics but to me it looks better.
    I'll not argue with your aesthetic preference; some like bridge mounts, others don't. If you like the way it looks then that's good enough. One piece bases are touted as being more rigid, perhaps implying stronger, and it's normally considered a desirable feature. However if the base and receiver are not true to one another having a rigid device on top of the action can/will induce stress in the action. I've used both (1 piece & 2 piece bases) and I'm a devout two piece aficionado except in specific circumstances.

So far as DNZ mounts, they've been available long enough to display they are fairly well thought of and I suspect you'll be well satisfied. There's not too much to mess up with modern CNC equipment.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinHank View Post
    Anyone try them? Opinions?
    Buddy of mine has a set on one of his rifles. I was impressed with them. Very well made and they weigh virtually nothing. They are a little pricey though.

Informative thread from the archives:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...Z-scope-mounts

I don't want any scope bases that are going to make it more difficult to feed cartridges into the magazine. Some of the bridge mounts do this and add more ounces to a rifles over all weight. A set of 2 piece bases with a total of 4 8x40 screws have proven to hold a scope where it belongs when combined with a good quality set of rings that are properly secured. The market has many scope mounting systems that seem to work. For big game rifles I stick with Warne and Talley 2 piece bases that are secured with 8x40 screws if above 30-06 caliber.