Thread: Best Spot In Alaska For Brown Bear

Default Best Spot In Alaska For Brown Bear

A question for resident Alaskans.

If you were going for brown bear in Alaska, where would you hunt and with what outfitter? Why?

Good Hunting,

KatzMO

I don't know if it's the best but southwest AK and the Alaska Peninsula have big uns and lots of em. An internet search should offer up plenty of prospective outfitters, not sure many residents would use an outfitter considering the UNGODLY expense that is involved with hiring one and that we are not required to. But maybe that's just one resident's opinion.

ps, shouldn't this be in the hunting forums?

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Well being a resident I don't need an outfitter/guide.

Ice Box Lake. Float down the Kwethluk River.

Default Big Bears

A LOT of big bears are at Mc NEIL River and you would be hunting with game wardens mostly. Just kidding, southeast is is usual spot chosen for Coastal Brown production. I'm not sure about a guide but PM (BRWNBR) he would be weatlh of info.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

SW Alaska on the AKPEN. Lots of them here including my backyard. Couldn't point you to any guides or outfitters. I'm a resident with an open invite to hunt on Native land in the area.
    Now what ?

Default brav01 cracks me up

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    A LOT of big bears are at Mc NEIL River and you would be hunting with game wardens mostly. Just kidding, southeast is is usual spot chosen for Coastal Brown production. I'm not sure about a guide but PM (BRWNBR) he would be weatlh of info.
    woo hoo...yeah, bust em off the observation/huntin' stand..lol....have the warden hold yer beer while ya squeeze one off.

just kiddin. that dude cracks me up. check out the 17 HMR for brownies thread....he really gets goin there.

jedi

Might I direct you to this thrtead?

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=10337

The gentlemen that out it up (BRWNBR) is a guide that had a cancelation for this spring & is looking to fill the spot at a greatly reduced price.
    Don't know him but he seems to have a good rep.
    If you are serious this might be a great opportunity.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."