Thread: Only 1 weekend to hunt

Default Only 1 weekend to hunt

Well for the wife and I, this falls on Aug 20 and 21. We need to get some meat in the freezer and neither of us got a tag this year. We had a hunt planned, but just realized federal subsistence laws put the kabosh on that. Any suggestions? A moose is ideal to hold the fam over for a while, but we'll take a bear as well. We might get some other available weekends once the snow sets in too.

Not interested in road hunting. We want to work for the hunt and enjoy it. Any help is appreciated.

Alright, well what if I said I had a jet boat??

honestly with only one weekend you probably only have time for road hunting. And the weekend you have is not a real good one. Moose dont move around much, Youll have the best chance to see them the first hour or two morning and the last hour or two of daylight. do you hunt with a bow? If so I got a good spot for ya

No bow. I keep telling myself I have to limit the toys and hobbies I have, but I keep kicking myself for not getting into bow hunting. He who dies with the most toys wins right? Thanks tho!

Default keep in mind the new regs......

rifle season for southcentral moose doesnt open until august 25th this year and even archery will be closed during your time frame....good luck on your bear hunt

Release Lake Trout