Thread: Fishing for silvers near the mouth of the Kenai or Kasilof

Default Fishing for silvers near the mouth of the Kenai or Kasilof

Hey guys,
    I have not fished for silvers very much and I have a question. Is it any good to fish fairly close to the mouth of the Kenai or Kasilof rivers with eggs or casting a vibrax as the tide starts to come in? I have a couple of older guys coming up the 21st to the 25th and they want to fish for some silvers, so I was trying to figure out our best bet fishing from shore.
    Thanks for any advice you can give on fishing silvers from shore on the Kenai, Kasilof or even the Anchor.
    Andy

Cunningham park is close to the mouth and has some decent silver fishing at times.
    Not sure why you would limit yourselves to near the mouth though. Lots of places on the Kenai and a few on the Kasilof.
    Other Kenai spots include Soldotna creek park ,college hole,the kenai river center,swiftwater,centennial.etc. etc...
    The Kasilof has the people hole at crooked creek,the bride boat launch area and slackwater at the end of Tustumena lake road.
    Have not tried at the mouths of said rivers but I suppose you could.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

You mentioned using eggs and casting vibrax to fish for Silvers from the ocean shore near a river mouth as the tide starts to come in. What are some of the other ways to catch silvers in the ocean from the shore?

Default Silvers

Hey guys, I just mentioned fishing down closer to the mouth of the river thinking we may capitalize on the push of fish coming in with the tide. I have not tried fishing down close to the mouth of the rivers and was wondering if it would be any good. I have fished for silvers a couple of times around Soldotna and have caught a couple sillvers along with a pile of pinks which I know there will not be pinks this year in the Kenai.
    Will there be any pinks anywhere on the penninsula August 21-25 this year?
    Thanks,
    Andy

If your buddies would enjoy a float, rent a raft (or two) and trailer from Max at Alaska Canoe and Campground in Sterling. Perhaps float a section of the middle. Slow moving water and very safe. Your timing should be great for bows and silvers. Screw bank fishing. Max is a moderator here (alaskacanoe) and can be reached via PM. Or you can call or email him through his website. Renting two rafts and trailer from him in early Sept myself. Max is salt of the earth.

http://www.alaskacanoetrips.com/

Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Silvers

Thanks Dan,
    I will have to check that out. I have not floated the Kenai like that before, but sounds fun.

Andy

Deep Creek, Anchor River and Ninilchik also offer great shore fishing. Fish the incoming tide close to the mouth floating eggs on a bobber and you should do well. If you have a 4x4 you can park within 200 yards of decent fishing on any of those rivers.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson