Thread: AvGas Taxes Quadruple

Default AvGas Taxes Quadruple

For those of you who don't get the Anchorage Daily News, I thought it would be worthwhile to post a link to this story that describes the proposal to increase the avgas taxes from 19.4 cents/gallon to 70.1 cents/gallon. Particularly for those of you in the bush for who aviation is far more than a hobby, this might be a good time to write our senators and representative.

-Brian

Default Read that today

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    For those of you who don't get the Anchorage Daily News, I thought it would be worthwhile to post a link to this story that describes the proposal to increase the avgas taxes from 19.4 cents/gallon to 70.1 cents/gallon. Particularly for those of you in the bush for who aviation is far more than a hobby, this might be a good time to write our senators and representative.

-Brian
    What next? More of our freedoms they are going to try and price us out of.
    When I do purchase a plane here in a few I will be talking with the accountant to see how much I can write off as business.
    I guess everywhere I go will just have to be for a job estimate.It's going to be hard to find someone who needs internet access in the bush though.
    Might not be able to beat the MAN but am sure as hell going to put up a fight.

Yep, I guess the poor little major airlines are thinking they're paying more than their share. I wonder if they've considered what they're going to do a few years down the road when they can't find any pilots since nobody's going to be able to learn to fly, let alone get any experience.

Yep, we've got to fight it. Write to your rep. (especially those outside who might read this, as I'm sure we're preaching to the choir with our's) Also join and support EAA or AOPA.

If you're looking for an airplane, recommend getting one stc'd for auto fuel....Louis